72 Duster wipers reversed?

-

NJ Duster

Reaction score
When I purchased the car the wipers did not work so I just installed a rebuilt wiper switch. Its a two speed switch. I have power to the wipers but when I turn them on they go down instead of up and are parking in the up position.
Is this a wiring issue or the wiper linkage is installed wrong?

not sure but going to say that your motor must be turning in the wrong direction, so I would say you need to switch some wires

LOL Take the blades off. Run the motor to park. Put the blades on in correct position.
I saw blades put on a AMC Hornet wrong and when the switch was tuned on the wipers ruined the fresh yellow paint on the hood.
Actually, in that case it was the linkage pitman arm installed 180 degrees wrong.

This needs some clarification, please. They are parking in the up position, meaning that they park in the vertical position? If so, when they start, do they move down as towards horizontal and then back up to vertical? In other words, do they travel in the normal arc on the windshield surface, and just park in the wrong place, or do they move out of the normal bounds and wipe onto the A-pillar, down onto the hood, or ????

If they are traveling in the normal arc, but not parking in the right spot, then that is likely just the interrupt switch in the motor assembly being indexed wrong. If they are wiping off of the windshield, then it is something else.

Yes they were parking in the vertical position. But after two hours of tracing wires I solved the problem! The p.o. installed the linkage arm incorrectly and never knew it cause the switch was bad. I loosened the nut, put the arm where it belonged and now perfect working wipers!
Well if I get stuck in a rain storm im good now.

Could have been worse.
Happy moparing

-
Back