'72 Scamp-not really a "restoration"

-
Sitting in the shop...

I had some issues with the digi-tails after install, so the driver side went back to NJ for a possible reprogram. As soon as I turned on the park lights the driver side assembly went full bright and left signals didn’t work correctly. I tried to just apply 12V to the contacts with a low amp power supply, but it still didn’t work correctly, so I emailed them and a fella named Matt responded with service return address, so off it went this afternoon. Hopefully l’ll hear something back next week.

FC379807-7FDC-4D1F-A345-3E904811798F.jpeg

So yet again, I'm sitting in the sandbox and not doing anything productive...I'll have to get some pics to post in here of some other minor rust repairs...

some pics of more recent work...

Windscreen is out due to cracks, yellowing, and rust.

Oh and Christmas dog-meet Brownie. We think she's a Aussie Sheppard/lab mix, but we're not sure really...all we know is she's rotten.

IMG_4625.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4628.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4630.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4635.JPG

...and some more of the same...

The paint is just some Summit single stage bright blue metallic...strongly resembles B5 from what I see. I'm no pro at painting but I figure I can spray this around my window opening at least to keep it topcoated and even if it comes out mottled, it doesn't really matter because I'll just scuff it and paint over it anyway when I'm ready. From what I gather, Summit sells relabled Kirker paints, and they sell it as a base/clear as well...it's a cheap option for paint and I'm not trying to make a concourse car...just something I can drive and have fun with. I have another project which needs more attention.

The Scamp will still receive 11.75" Cordoba front brakes. I bought some QA1 UCAs when I visited the Summit retail store in Arlington a few months ago. I will rebuild the LCAs with the kit from PST and buy some QA1 adjustable strut rods before it all goes together...might be a good opportunity to clean up some nonsense under there...

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4638.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

IMG_4653.JPG

IMG_4654.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

Whats up. I forgot you had a build thread. Hey your windshield is safe n sound. Cant wait till ya get back from the sandbox so we can hang out and talk mopars. See ya round in a few months brother. BTW that hood repair came out great.

Oh yeah-and I greatly appreciate you looking after the glass...I really didn’t think it was going to take 3 weeks to come in.

I guess the hood repair will do for now-I know it will need some filler work, but it’s better than paying $600 for a new hood if I don’t *need* to.

Maybe Jim Scott has a decent duster hood to sell you? I can ask, and go check one out for you if he has one.

That'd be great, if you don't mind. I'd entertain purchasing a used reasonably priced, non-rusty hood :)

I'm computer dumb. Just found you! Car looks great!

Thanks Dan! You’re far too kind-mine is in dire need of lots of attention and for the time being, it’s not my focus. But I’ll be swapping on some quarters and other metal off a ‘71 Scamp eventually.

It’ll get some attention, just gonna be a little while.

I laid down some of that single stage just to keep the channel from corroding again. I have a new gasket and front glass, just gotta go get it and let them sit together for a little bit before I try popping it in.

Yeah, it has a lot of trash in it, but it’s only there for the channel and to see if I like the color...and I do. Its a Kirker color and it’s available in base/clear so when the time comes, I’ll go that direction.

4AD64D5E-C48F-470E-BE4E-FB63925A1760.jpeg

BFE5034D-1906-406E-92C5-9BA5FDDEEE12.jpeg

I laid down some of that single stage just to keep the channel from corroding again. I have a new gasket and front glass, just gotta go get it and let them sit together for a little bit before I try popping it in.

Yeah, it has a lot of trash in it, but it’s only there for the channel and to see if I like the color...and I do. Its a Kirker color and it’s available in base/clear so when the time comes, I’ll go that direction.

View attachment 1715309678

View attachment 1715309679

I feel your pain. I really hope there's not to much carnage under here.
20180630_143942.jpg
20180630_144007.jpg

-
Back