72 Scamp... you know, looks like a Dart...

-
Im thinking about doing that now, my paints chipped off the wood grain. Thanks for the idea!

Here's a tip. Masking the gauges in the instrument panel looked like a pain, and the clear plastic is plastic welded on so not really/easily removeable. So I came up with slipping plain paper between the clear plastic and the body of the instrument panel. Took some practise and gentle prying to get it in there but it worked great and came out easy.

Sweet! Another silver dart. I used Billet Silver on my 74. I know what you were saying earlier in your thread about choices. The guys in the NAPA store must have thought I was nuts with all the books and paint chips. I even carried the stuff outside to see it in sunlight.

Sweet! Another silver dart. I used Billet Silver on my 74. I know what you were saying earlier in your thread about choices. The guys in the NAPA store must have thought I was nuts with all the books and paint chips. I even carried the stuff outside to see it in sunlight.

Mine's Aluminum Metallic, its a Mazda color, I didnt want silver or grey, more something inbetween.

Yeah, that dash is awesome. I bet it was a pain trying to mask off all the chrome trim.

damn, I must be the only one that think the Go-Wing looks good on those bodies ! I was considering one for my '70 swinger or for the '72 scamp I used to have ! The wing in Black on top of a black bumble-bee stripe looks awesome to me ....

damn, I must be the only one that think the Go-Wing looks good on those bodies ! I was considering one for my '70 swinger or for the '72 scamp I used to have ! The wing in Black on top of a black bumble-bee stripe looks awesome to me ....
I'm with ya there- nobody mentioned it for a couple pages so I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...mine:

I liked it on there, as much as on my Duster

updates!
updates!
:smile:

Not a lot to report at this point...

All the bodywork has been done, the floor has been patched, and all the internals/jambs have been painted, just waiting for the final spray on the body. It's a good thing I'm not in a hurry to get the car done. And I'm not complaining, I'm getting a really good price on quality work.

The dash is reassembled and ready to go back in (except for the dash pad, trying to decide which way to go, new pad or cap).

I've torn the heater box apart to clean it out, it was pretty dirty in there:
View attachment CAM00104.jpg

It should smell lots better now;
View attachment CAM00106.jpg

I've ordered the 'overhaul' kit from DMT, and I had to make a minor repair to the housing where one of the clips didn't want to let go.

I got new carpet and trunk mat for Christmas, I just bought a new windshield today (the old one is getting cloudy along the bottom).

I'm hoping to spend part of my first week of vacation in May yanking the engine/trans out of my neighbors motorhome - 360/727 combo. My plan is to 'drop it in' as is just so I can get everything setup - drivetrain, linkages, exhaust, wiring, etc - then I'll eventually build up another engine to swap in.

Still have to round up door panels, seat upholstery, maybe a headliner if I can't fix/recolor the original one.

Ya know, I can't say I hate the wing. I just don't think I can commit to it. Hate to drill holes and change my mind.

X3! I love go wings on darts/scamps

Just buy an extra deck lid :D I want 2 hoods (twister with scoops and challenger style) for my duster and ever since I saw this Duster vvvv in Missouri I want 2 deck lids for it too!! :cheers:
View attachment image.jpg

-
Back