72 Scamp

-

mymopar:-)

Scamper
Reaction score
Thought I would share some of my restoration pics of my '72 Scamp slant 6. Found her about three months ago on Craigslist. Went to the Tennessee/Alabama line and got her. Been at it every day since.
View attachment 1.jpg
How I found her
View attachment 4.jpg
Long drive home but finally made it.
View attachment 6.jpg
View attachment 9.jpg
View attachment 11.jpg
Few places of surface rust but nothing too bad. Sanded right out.
View attachment 25.jpg
The vinyl top had gotten ripped so thankfully her previous owners had ripped it off. They sprayed bedliner on it to prevent rust. Good idea but that stuff is TOUGH. Took quite some time to sand it all off. Made a family affair out of it haha
View attachment 32.jpg
Got it stripped down
View attachment 26.jpg
Hood was next. Decided to take the whole car back down to the metal one panel at a time. Black epoxy primmered them as we went.

Finally have all of it in black primer now. Still have some body work to do but we're getting there.
View attachment September 2014 002.jpg
View attachment September 2014 004.jpg

Since we got the car we've been trying to decide on a color. We were able to decide on green but I never knew there was so many shades of green. After months of looking (and bickering) haha we finally decided on this shade.
View attachment pkl 764.jpg

That's all we've got done for now. I will update as things move along. The vision for my car when its done will be green with black vinyl top, hood and hood scoops, spoiler, and penstripe. Can't wait!!

And for all my other /6ers here is a pic of under the hood. Can't wait till it's time to dive into it.

View attachment pkl 760.jpg

Yeah, there is a car show on my birthday next month here in my hometown. I was trying to have her ready for the show but it don't look like we'll make it this year. Its a possibility the paint will be on her but the interior and under the hood won't be where it needs to be by then. Oh well, having a blast putting my personality into it.

Been working on all the trim. Only did half the piece to show the before and after. There is a LOT of buffing to be done on the trim but its worth the time.

Attachments

• 2014-09-07 16.25.03.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 2014-09-07 16.24.39.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 182
Nice work, so far. Looks like Sublime/Limelight shade.

Thank you. Its very close to sublime but off just a bit. I wanted a shade that wasn't quite the same as everybody else's. After two days of looking through chips at the paint store I finally found the perfect shade. Signal Green :glasses7:

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the progress and downtime, I LOVE your Scamp!!!! That's very close to the vision I have for my car. Looks great.

Nothing wrong with your Scamp hun and if you wanna just go ahead and take it to that car show. You see a lot of cars in the building stages at the shows. Good to see s0omeone else working on a Scamp

Attachments

• 1795683_10154525727710437_6617073181246243073_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 10530938_10154525728725437_7931810865382317385_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 147
My daughter had a '72 when she was 9 no engine. Or trans. She loved that car.she evicted. A small. Group of yellowjackets with a rubber hammer. We moved from one town to another and even though we lived outside. City limits our neighbors. Compounded to the county. And we were forced to get rid of it. You're car is the color she wanted to paint hers. Keep up the awesome. Work it's. Great. To see other. Young lady's into old muscle. Cars and 6's are fine. From mrmopar1966

My daughter had a '72 when she was 9 no engine. Or trans. She loved that car.she evicted. A small. Group of yellowjackets with a rubber hammer. We moved from one town to another and even though we lived outside. City limits our neighbors. Compounded to the county. And we were forced to get rid of it. You're car is the color she wanted to paint hers. Keep up the awesome. Work it's. Great. To see other. Young lady's into old muscle. Cars and 6's are fine. From mrmopar1966

I hate to hear about your car. Your little girl has good taste in color :D

-
Back