72 Swinger 5.7 HEMI

-
WOW that is one amazing dart, truthfully it has to be one of the coolest cars I have ever seen! I LOVE THE PLATE!

THIS PRETTY MUCH COMPLETES THE END OF THE BEGINNING OF THIS PROJECT.
I ordered them Feb. 12. Been chompin' at the bit for the last month 'cause the car has been pretty much done since late April. Gonna go burn some fossil fuel. Can't wait for Carlyle. Thanks to everyone out there for your comments. Keeps the juices flowin'

dart at sunset 001 (Small).jpg

dart at sunset 003 (Small).jpg

dart at sunset 005 (Small).jpg

love the dart. but can i suggest one thing? lower it a lil to fill those front wheel wells, and tuck them rear tires a bit so the car sits even

Last few posts: Yeah, I've thought of lowering the front end--still on the ponder list. With it handling as good as it is, I hate to mess with it. But I probably will.

Subs-- 2-10" firing into the rear seats. Amps are mounted on the sub box. In fact, you can't see any of the speakers--I wanted them all hidden. It's a Dart, not a Pioneer or Kenwood.

I haven't put a ton of money in this thing--less than a decent Camry. But the time is another thing. I did 95% of myself, and if I billed this car out at resto shop rates it would set you back about a buck-fifty.

Took it for a four hour cruise last night--worked perfectly.

man that must be a pretty small box cuz those amps are back there a ways.

and if you lower it itll probably handle better cuz itll have a lower center of gravity

Wow, first time reading this thread. Hands down, great work!
I've been a body man/painter for over 20 years myself, I've tweaked a few rides in my day, to bad I don't live closer, we could give Chip Foose a *Ride* for his money!
Do you have any video of your car, sound more-less. I'd love to hear that Dart running.

Congrats once again! :burnout:

Mark

That looks great. Are you related to Chip Foose, I mean 8 months for all that, I ve had mine for 3 months and I have not even finished the floor pans. Did the Hemi have any center link clearence problems?

Thanks for the comments. Yes this is my first effort. I'll kick the next one's *** fer sure. Would love to do the same thing only in PlumCrazy.

Usual clearance problems with the center link and idler. Notched the oil pan to clear--no big deal.

A few posts back someone thought I should lower the car's stance. Agreed. Finished that and it looks a bunch better. Did not change the way she handles, which is OK. I'll post pics next week of the new stance.

Wow, great first effort!! Wait a minute.........that car is just great effort and craftmanship. If it's your first I can't wait to see the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I just love the engine bay toches. The orange and black look great together.

P.S. The lowered stance makes it look clean and mean!!

DAMN! That car is sweet. IMO looks WAy better dropped a few inches!

I think I know where those pix where taken too. Manassas?

-
Back