72 Swinger 5.7 HEMI

-
i agree with all you guys. that is a very very nice dart, even though you stole my color!! jk but that is a beautiful car . how hard was it to stuff in the tranny?

OldVart and Nasty69; Thanks. A bunch.

I had to cut the tunnel from the pinch at firewall back to halfway down the front seat--not a huge deal. Fabbed a new tunnel and seam sealed it. After that, it was very receptive of the trans. Easy pull and easy stab.

Here's the scoop kids... I've driven this car the way it was bought, it was very tight. I've driven it after the 5.7 swap and suspension mods w/ the stock 2:7x rear end gears. The GPS said that we were hitting 103ish at the top end of 2nd gear, lots-o-fun. I can't wait to drive it w/ the 3:91s.

At this point I have two questions...

*will it do a burnout?
*where are the new wheels & tires?

Mopar to ya'll !!!

Cool car man, Im doing a 5.7 swap into my 64 dart convertible. Just curious, what did you do for the fuel lines and tank? Ive seen it done a few different ways.

There is just one line--beautiful returnless system MOPAR has. You can use the existing line if you wish.. As for the pump, I used the one from the truck. Had to section it down a bit--it's huge--way too tall. Shortened it up and dropped into the top of existing tank. Works beautifully.

looks great. Maybe I should just pull the Hemi outa my 04 Ram and go to town with it. What you guys think?

nice job.
maybe we can swap darts at Carlisle.:toothy10:
nice job
if all goes well I will be there

For those of you that have called and PM'd me, here are pics of the fuel pump and tank. In addition to cutting the top open, I added a baffle to keep it from starving on hard right handers.

fuel pump 001 (Small).jpg

fuel pump 002 (Small).jpg

fuel pump 003 (Small).jpg

Every bit of it. Front, rear, and in the middle. Sway bars front and rear. Does not handle like a Dart. Thank God.

you have any pics please!!! If my 71 looks half as good as yours I'll be HAPPY

That is GORGEOUS. Everything is well designed and executed. Love that Hemi, really really contemplating one. The interior is beautiful. Tasteful but not overdone. Great job.

Grant

Beautiful. I also have a '72 Dart I am finishing up. How hard was it getting the 5.7 in. and at what point did you put it in, like after painting or before.

Rear heat and AC--crazy, huh?

Driveline is all RAM. 5.7, 5 speed auto--4th and fifth gears are overdriven. 2300 RPM @ 75 MPH. RAM 3:91 Posi unit. Boyd Coddington wheels, BFG rubber. I full-framed this car as well--it's as stiff as the Queen and can tow anything!! And the receiver hitch is hidden behind the hinged license plate.

How did you full-frame the car? Did you fab it or ?

OUTSTANDING job on your Dart, man! Very sanitary :)`

I used typical frame connectors front to rear. Fabbed a bar in between strut rods in front--left enough room to change the serpentine belt. In the rear, 1/2 plate goes across the back behind the valance. Carried on both sides by plates joining the frame rail and spring mount area as one. This 1/2 carries the receiver hitch.

hitch 001 (Small).jpg

hitch 002 (Small).jpg

-
Back