72 swinger battery tray help

-

Boduke

Reaction score
I removed my battery tray because it was rusted to **** along with the inner fender underneath..so i got a new tray and support from amd and repaired the rust but now ive replace so much of the fender with new metal that the holes are gone and i can’t figure how to mount it. Ive attached a color coded photo. Can someone please direct me how to mount this?
The yellow hole bolts to the core support. I got that
And the green hole bolts to the support bracket i got that.
My question is. Which other holes are utilized for a bolt… white,red or purple… and does the tray sit flush on the flat part of the inner fender or is there a spacer or air gap?
Thanks so much

C5895999-957B-487B-8FDA-EDADA65D8167.jpeg

Purple/white bolt to apron. Green I believe there is a bracket you bolt to and bracket bolts down lower on the apron. Other Red hole is a drain? Not sure on Red.
s-l1600.jpg

Oh boy! So there is supposed to be a drain hole through the inner fender? Is that whats going on here? Oops i welded that shut.

1851B297-A3B7-4133-96C5-52CCAEA37126.jpeg

It drains through the square hole which is used to install the U-nut for the bolt in the round hole, I have a couple parts cars outside when I go down to the shop to check on my grandaughter I'll grab some pictures.

It drains through the square hole which is used to install the U-nut for the bolt in the round hole, I have a couple parts cars outside when I go down to the shop to check on my grandaughter I'll grab some pictures.

That would be awesome. I have no idea about the U-nut either Never seen one that i know of. That **** was al rusted out when i got the car

You could always install a rivnut for the mounting hole in that location, then just drill out a drain next to it.

You could always install a rivnut for the mounting hole in that location, then just drill out a drain next to it.
Prob Weld a 1/2 nut to underside just cause i like
playing with the torch

Yellow, green and red. That's what my orginal '72 Dart has. My '69? It has all of them, but is not orginal at all.

This makes sense because i dont have the holes for the others and that part of the inner fender is un molested
Yellow, green and red. That's what my orginal '72 Dart has. My '69? It has all of them, but is not orginal at all.

-
Back