72 Swinger Special

-
I have a 71 Canadian Swinger 340 Special. The OP is right about the specials being the lowest line of trim. Some got dealer upgrades though. Mine is one of the 25 Crestview cars that got upgraded to carpets and a white interior.

There were a few 72 Swinger Special 340's built for Canada too.

BTW how is the fit on the AMD panels ? I need to order quarters and such.

Garth

I haven't installed the AMD quarter yet, but I can tell you the quality is great, better than any panel I bought for my Challenger (which has year one and goodmark stuff) I will never buy anything other than AMD now! Today I just picked up a pair of AMD floors too and they are nice!

Will let you know how they fit once installed!

Dude, looking good! I wish I had mad skill like you, oh and a challenger. LOL

Been learning as I go from my Dad mostly, once you start on yours you'll pick it up quickly. As for the Challenger its just a shell right now, not as close as this one to being done (doesnt even roll)

Here is the proportioning valve from the '88 Chrysler 5th Ave. To get the right style brake hoses I got some for a lebaron from rockauto. The look like they will work good, just need to get rid of that funky bracket. Also picked up a new (reman) master cylinder.

For some reason AMD sent me pans for a 67-69, there is no major difference but a couple of small things like a dip by the seat mounts and the seatbelt bolt holes are in a different location than the 70-74 pans.
Also I threw in a pic to show the difference between a dart floor and a duster floor.

I have a 71 Canadian Swinger 340 Special. The OP is right about the specials being the lowest line of trim. Some got dealer upgrades though. Mine is one of the 25 Crestview cars that got upgraded to carpets and a white interior.

There were a few 72 Swinger Special 340's built for Canada too.

BTW how is the fit on the AMD panels ? I need to order quarters and such.

Garth
yea! i need the same news haha

Almost done cutting out the passenger floor pan. Also got my rear swaybar today! Thanks 68GTconvert

Now I just need the bracket that the endlinks bolt to, anyone have any pics of their rear swaybar setup?

Finished cutting out the floor and fitted the new pan. Cleaned the frame rails and painted them with rust bullet. Because it was a 67-69 pan I had to move the hole for the seatbelt bolt mount.

Almost done welding in the passenger floor pan. I need to switch over to wire-feed because the mig is burning too many holes.

Once I finish the floors then its time for seam sealer (any recomendations?)

When the floors are done I can start fitting my Durango buckets and I can start painting and installing the interior parts!

great project you have, and the demon looks like another great project! lol...that looks like a sweet junk yard :p so many mopars there!!

great project you have, and the demon looks like another great project! lol...that looks like a sweet junk yard :p so many mopars there!!

Yeah the last thing I need is another project, but ive always wanted a Demon, this one came up and I couldn't refuse. So now I have to do the 72 dart my 75 dart and this 71 demon before I can get to my 71 Challenger #-o

Can you say SUBLIME?

Now hopefully I can get the whole car in primer before it gets cold.

Attachments

• 1012001459.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 1012001459b.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 1012001459c.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 1012001504.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 1012001628.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 263
-