72 Triple Black Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadango: Though you have made apologies there possibly are none necessary however i have given one on Mikes thread in the "General Section" so read it there. Hope you find the car of your dreams. As for the future i will PM you asking the intent of any of your questions. Need any help guys, Ask.
Bill Stone AKA Small Block

i have to put my 2 cents worth in, i am not going to disagree that a 340 car is worth more but as was said earlier, by virtue of a complete restoration and as nice as it is, it is probably worth in the area of the price he is asking,i just got a quote to straighten out my cuda and to do a rottisorie on a clean rust free car it was close to his asking price on this car, lol, my guy may be a bit pricey but i trust his work, he just finished a 98 point shelby, my second estimate was only a few grand less, my opinoin,nice car and probably worth every penny he is asking, good luck on the sale.

As an owner of a triple black A body I know how hard and time consuming (or my body man knows) it is to get all the panels perfectly straight cuss if you don't black will show all the mistakes. Just look down the front fender on a black car under the sun some day and you'll see what I mean. With this in mind and other things I think the asking price is about right, nice job Bill and good luck on the sale

Terry

The $9800 offer is respectable as one must make an offer of what it is truly worth to that individual. Now take into consideration that they have never seen the car in person and never put their foot in the throttle coming off the line sideways through a 3:23 gear sure grip, and backing out of it at 110 mph because your balls weren't big enough to carry the load. 318. Might meet a man in the middle.

The $9800 offer is respectable as one must make an offer of what it is truly worth to that individual. Now take into consideration that they have never seen the car in person and never put their foot in the throttle coming off the line sideways through a 3:23 gear sure grip, and backing out of it at 110 mph because your balls weren't big enough to carry the load. 318. Might meet a man in the middle.

I never got it to 110 and I think its because my balls flew off when I side stepped the clutch! Will consider the counter offer....

276.jpg

270.jpg

I never got it to 110 and I think its because my balls flew off when I side stepped the clutch! Will consider the counter offer....

That is freakin' funny, but looking at your machine, I can see why I might be singing soprano after a run in it.

Small Block.... I have been thinking about your 72 for the last few days......although I would love to have it but, I must pass... I kept thinking about "meeting half way" but thats not in the cards....... Bump for Small Block

.....and i do understand that should be and would be part of the deal if i were buying a car of this caliber. This jewell is still for sale as is the 73 440 duster. It's a pleasure to drive. Can send pics if there are any you would need to see. Been way down under the weather and was unable to send any but now i'm up to the task should you need any. Just let Vic or myself know.

Nice ride. Hard to put a price on it with out seeing it and with cars not moving like they were 2 years ago it makes it even harder.

I would say $10K is about were its worth today. With a tiny bit of detailing it may go as high as $15K

I'm with ya Adam. It's hard to spend money looking at a picture and not being able to see it first hand. Seeing the real deal is a selling point. Couldn't be much detailing to do on this car. Your selling numbers are in the real area that would buy the car if it might spark some real interest of a real buyer. Believe me , they won't be dissapointed.

I think the detailing would be more personal touches.

I personally would swap the steering wheel to either a stock piece or the newer version of the grant "tuff wheel"

Clean up trunk a bit and do some minor work under the hood to make it look more factory.

Nothing big, Gorgeous car though !

Adam: I really appreciate your input and help on this. The wheel is Grant but not a Tuff Wheel repop. One thing i didn't do was put on the "Gold Duster" stickers on the side even though that's what it is. Built it to my liking. The book said to add 10% for the "GD" package. Build sheet comes with it. There were two in the car.

Thats the older Challenger series wheel, The silver version was used for a tuff wheel replacement for years before the new version came out. You could add a tuff wheel horn button if you swapped on a tuff wheel adapter to the column.

Like I said they are just personal preferences but I feel the more stock a car appears the easier it seems to be to sell and get good money for.

Like I said they are just personal preferences but I feel the more stock a car appears the easier it seems to be to sell and get good money for.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't change a thing............ because I don't want the car to look any better! Why, because i'm selfish and want the car!
by the way, Does the A/C work?

Mark: The A/C has NEVER been charged since it was done. It has never been turned on but can be charged and will work. Fans blow. It will work and blow cold before you own it. Mark. Why don't you have that hemi setting down in a 68 Dart?

Mark: The A/C has NEVER been charged since it was done. It has never been turned on but can be charged and will work. Fans blow. It will work and blow cold before you own it. Mark. Why don't you have that hemi setting down in a 68 Dart?

The Dart........ lord. My good friend who I call Brother Mark from Findley is doing me a huge favor by doing the body work on the Dart. It has been 2 years almost to date and its not finished! Although I would love to have that thing back ASAP i understand why it's not done. Work, family and his health were issues over the last year so he didn't get a lot of time on the Dart. But when I do get it back I will have to make a decision on what power plant its going to receive. I have a rebuilt 340 almost ready to go. I have a 440 ready to go. I have a 400 that needs rebuilt that I thought about stroking for the Dart and of course, I am considering putting the Hemi from the Duster into it. I have a little time to make up my mind......and buy the way, the Dart will be Black on Black............with AIR! :tonqe::tonqe::tonqe:

Vermillion225.jpg

you all have some crazy money in these cars...Keep up the good work, I seem to want every mopar that I see on this site...

Beautiful car man.............wish I could afford it. I had a Blue 70 340 4 spd.
I have to stick with my '65 right now.

Chas: As far as the virtual tour? I'll see if i know someone with that big a brain to get it done because i don't have.
Mark: A 1968 LO23 code Hemi Dart complete with rear fenders cut out correctly. Fiberglass front, light weight glass with snap cord side glass. The 4 speeds came with a Dana but the auto cars were equiped with an 8.75. Rear seat delete with A-100 buckets. I have two 68 candidates, the dana, the buckets but running short on the hemi thing. Always looking though.

Give me a call Bill if you need some help getting pictures up. or just give me a call.

Chas: As far as the virtual tour? I'll see if i know someone with that big a brain to get it done because i don't have.
Mark: A 1968 LO23 code Hemi Dart complete with rear fenders cut out correctly. Fiberglass front, light weight glass with snap cord side glass. The 4 speeds came with a Dana but the auto cars were equiped with an 8.75. Rear seat delete with A-100 buckets. I have two 68 candidates, the dana, the buckets but running short on the hemi thing. Always looking though.

here you go!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0309924727&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

A 1968 LO23 code Hemi Dart complete with rear fenders cut out correctly. Fiberglass front, light weight glass with snap cord side glass. The 4 speeds came with a Dana but the auto cars were equiped with an 8.75. Rear seat delete with A-100 buckets. I have two 68 candidates, the dana, the buckets but running short on the hemi thing. Always looking though.
My friend Jim, 62BT409 has one and I have tell you i wouldn't kick that beautiful car out of my garage! I, on the other hand want my A bodies disguised to look slow....sleepers......Like some old mans car with deceptive decals ( 340 ) on the quarters and when you open the hood it say's 426 Hemi on the air cleaner but its really a 528......all under a flat hood, no scoops. No mags, only steel wheels. (although I do have a set of Tourqe Thurst i put on every once in a while....I'm not sure why but......that is what i like.. i'm goofy!
this is a real one....

Orig68SSDart-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back