727 build help

-

gipperco

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am building a 74 Dart Swinger for my wife to race, Track only car. It will have about 650 HP MAX. I have someone that is interested in sponsoring the car with a Transmission for his name on the car. He wants specs and needs for it so he can build it. Can anyone give me any ideas of what to request in it. It will be a 727 and I was thinking about a 2500-3200 Stall range. The engine will be a built 360. I will be using 4:30 gears with s/s spring set up with a spool. I really need to do this soon as I don't want someone else to get the sponsorship monies.

Thanks.

8" convertor, aluminum front drum and five forward clutches or 6 if he knows how to do it, four gear plantaries, bolt in sprag, manual valve body, deep pan and pick-up, high flow filter, 70 or earlier kick down piston assembly, lock the accumulator from moving with a rod, remove the goveror weights, hard kick-down band, 4.2 or 5.0 kickdown lever, use both spring in the kickdown piston and use the i think it is 15 spring front drum piston and use all the springs. use a hard brass thrust washer between the input and output shafts, use .090" or more clearance for the clutches is the front drum.

use steel billet drum...instead of aluminum ..alot less maintenance....4.2 lever instead of 5.0

8" convertor (TCC or PTC, a good race unit is a MUST), Billet steel front drum (holds 6 clutches and has better piston/spring setup and uses the Hemi width kickdown band), four gear plantaries, bolt in sprag, manual valve body, deep pan and pick-up, high flow filter, servos from MRRANDYG on Moparts (he makes them for several larger shops like John Cope), lock the accumulator from moving with a rod, remove the goveror weights, 4.2 kickdown lever, use a hard brass thrust washer between the input and output shafts.

I cheated and simply changed a little of Bob's....lol.

clarification to the above - 16 roller bolt in sprag, reverse manual valve body with low band apply, aluminum deep pan,

bob your the man lol...and your demon is Sweeeet!

Well the Trans is off to the
Sponsor to build it. I talked to him today and he said that it could be ready by Saturday. i asked about the Torque Converter and he said that I need to let him know what I want/need. Anyone have suggestions for what I listed. I have been told that it should be an 8" 2800-3200 stall, but what brand is going to be and hold up the best? I know nothing about this so I am relying on your good judgment to guide me on this. PLEASE!!!!!!

Thank you

Build the engine, cage the car, then scale the car, and dyno the engine, and THEN order the convertor. i would call Lenny at Torque Convertor Concepts.

I think you are going to wish you had a 3800 to 4200 convertor. I run a 4200 Turbo Action behind my 340. Flashes to 5200 off line when I launch off the Trans brake at 4200.

I can almost guarantee you need more stall than 2800-3200 if your 360 really puts out 650 hp and it's a race car. Heck even I have to use a 3,000 stall in my 400 hp 360 street car. The only correct way to size it to a 650 hp race car is the way Moper described. Even if you don't choose to use the supplier he mentioned you need to go with a top company.

-
Back