727 Clicking Noises

-

toddlaine

Reaction score
The 72 Dart I just got has w/318 and a 727. When I changed the exhaust from the glass packs the previous owner had I now can hear this problem. In Drive it's fine, but when you go to R,N,D,2,1 there is a clicking coming from the trans. When you rev in N it gets faster. The guy does not have any kickdown cable installed and said he's been manually shifting 1,2,D. It is a Holley 2 Barrel R8448 carb installed. He has a stock throttle cable and a lokar kickdown cable not installed to carb yet. Sould I try to use this cable or Get the BPE cable and should this fix this noise. I am not driving the car intill this is fixed don't want to hurt anything more than it is. Checked fluid level and added a pint to trans. Any info will help.

...............pull off the inspection cover, u will probably see where a converter bolt is rubbing on it.........flex plate could be bent also.....u need the kd cable hooked up and set properly....kim.....

Get that kickdown hooked up, unless the throttle lever is wired back, with is no good either. Agree on the bolt. When I was young, old lady brought in car-clicking. The adjustment was out, and somehow the parking pawl came loose inside, and hung up, just enough.

I had the starter off today changing my exhaust, so I decided to pull the inspection plate. I found one bolt loose and one bolt missing on the flywheel. Didn't put everything back together but hope that was the noise.
Thanks,
All

I had a similar noise and it turned out to be a crack in the flex plate at bolt location

Cheers

-
Back