727 id made / possible to narrow it down further?

-

tnts72

Reaction score
Is there a way to narrow down what the 727 in this Duster came from? Database search turns up some options from 1980 vans / trucks - without lock up converter. PK4058372 6821

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 158
And that is the overdrive version of a 727? There a way to tell what it is visually?? I only drove it down the road maybe a mile or two only got
Up to about 40 mph if that drove it back and loaded her up. Does seem like there are only three clicks for 1st 2nd and 3rd, then Neutral reverse and park. Car doesn't have a kickdown cable on it but I believe the lever is there on the transmission. Existing column linkage is poorly adjusted so I will have to play with that once the floor shifter shows up

I can just about guarantee you it's not an OD

This is a 727 VS A518/ 46RE

My research shows you cannot put a 727 based OD in without cutting up the tunnel and highly modify the crossmember

index.1.jpg

The OD has the same shift pattern as a conventional Torqueflite, the OD is electrically shifted

I don't understand where you got that "chart" from, it says something about "lock up?" That is a whole different animal.

Mine looks like the one on the right. Rounded bellhousing, no squared off corners on the top. Doesn't have the midsection either, just main housing to long tail shaft section. Should be a standard 727, elvparts.com has a online catalog. Think the number I have only lists non lock up versions

1980 318-360, 727, D100, D200, D300 Long Extension, Non Lockup Converter.

[ame]http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/transguide.pdf[/ame]

Get the throttle pressure linkage (what you called the kickdown) hooked up real fast or you'll be sorry. Without it the clutch pack and band servo pressures are not adjusted according to the style of driving and it'll toast that trans in a big hurry.

-
Back