727 in a 64 Dart?

-

tbr3

Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone know if a 727 will actually fit in a 64 dart without cutting/hammering any metal? I've heard both yes and no, was wondering if anyone has actually done it? I'm mating it to a '93 360.

Also, is there a kit to use my pushbutton linkage with a newer 727?

Thanks!!

Not your Dart, but when fitting a 727 into a 64 Valiant, there will be cutting and hammering in order. No clue on the linkage, i used a chep B&M floor ratchet.

use a 904 they work very well and last just as long when built properly. Manual valve bodies work wonders! Deep pans help also!

Also, is there a kit to use my pushbutton linkage with a newer 727?

Thanks!!

No there is no kit. Brewers can mod your pushbuttons to work with a later trans but it is expensive, almost $400 or so, and you have to send off your p/b shifter for them to convert. I've heard it takes forever, they say 6 weeks on their site. I'd like to see how they do it because I bet that it is not too hard to do yourself with a little creative thinking.
-Tim

Both eraly A's I have workied on I had to flatten the Firewall trans tunnel seam.
One car had a 727 in a 66 canadian Valiant (US dart) and my 65 Cuda with the large clutch bell housing. But not a big deal with that said. Rear trans mount still works ok.

Yes, hammer down the tunnel seam right past the firewall and itll work fine. Anything less than a stroker or bad 340/360 in front of that is overkill as the 904 is actually quicker.

No there is no kit. Brewers can mod your pushbuttons to work with a later trans but it is expensive, almost $400 or so, and you have to send off your p/b shifter for them to convert. I've heard it takes forever, they say 6 weeks on their site. I'd like to see how they do it because I bet that it is not too hard to do yourself with a little creative thinking.
-Tim

oops i meant to say that Imperial Services does the pushbutton conversion. sorry about that.
-Tim

-
Back