727 kickdown to edlebrock

-

drbrick

Reaction score
Any body out there got a pic of how they hooked up the kickdown lever on a 727tf to an Edlebrock carb??
I cant seem to get mine right.The throttle wants to keep sticking open when i hook it up.I think it must need some kind of bolt and spacer assy. to allow it to move freely without binding.
Carb model 1411 750cfm
Thanks guys

Thanks for the link AAR.I would still like to see a pic of what it supposed to look like though.
Thanks

Thanks for the link AAR.I would still like to see a pic of what it supposed to look like though.
Thanks

LOL...click on the link...summit has a picture...and you can enlarge the picture....

here I would not want you to make too many clicks and wear out your keyboard...LOL

Any body out there got a pic of how they hooked up the kickdown lever on a 727tf to an Edlebrock carb??

I cant seem to get mine right.The throttle wants to keep sticking open when i hook it up.I think it must need some kind of bolt and spacer assy. to allow it to move freely without binding.

Carb model 1411 750cfm

Thanks guys

I had the same setup as yours on my Dart before I went to the Holley...I don't have good pics of my Eddy setup at the time, but I got these Two Pics from a post by 451Valiant at the BigBlockDart site.

They show an AFB carb, which is similar to the Edelbrock, with Lokar Throttle and Kickdown cables..

Mine was the same setup with both the Eddelbrock model 1411, and a later Thunder AVS 800.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE ENOUGH LENGTH CABLE AT THE KICKDOWN / TRANSMISSION TO RUN A WIDE ENOUGH LOOP SO THAT NOTHING BINDS.

Hope this helps

IMGP1286.jpg

And WITH the Adapter..

IMGP1275.jpg

---

Thanks Guzziemike.Helps me a bit,but i still have the old kick down linkage installed..
I do like the look of that Lokar system though.
Still would like to see a pic of the whole thing hooked up with the old linkage system.

if i remember to take my camera to work tomorrow i'll take a pic of mine

That what im talkin' about Demoncar..
THanks for the pic-that explains alot.What im missing now is that bolt assy that the throttle cable and the tranny lever hook to.Do you know if any body makes a repop of that item?
Thanks

What im missing now is that bolt assy that the throttle cable and the tranny lever hook to
Free at the junk yard.

Demoncar71, It looks to me like you only have 1 return spring on you carb, you really should have 2 as if that one breaks you will have no control over your pedal, happened to me that's why I am cautioning you.

-
Back