727 trans from a van to duster

-
I think i installed on out of a halfton , in a dart swinger many years ago , but may have to rework you driveshaft if it had a 904 .I think it will work.

................Yes they fit, only thing is , it may not have the 2 mounting tabs 4 the consol shift torque bracket............in that case u can change the tail housing..............kim.......

................Yes they fit, only thing is , it may not have the 2 mounting tabs 4 the consol shift torque bracket............in that case u can change the tail housing..............kim.......

Correct they do not. and while the tail is off cut weight out of the govener pston for higher shift points.

Took one out of a '77 B200 and dropped it right in my 67. Had to make a new driveshaft.

CAVEAT----LOOK the thing over first. I got mine in and THEN discovered the pivot for the kickdown was broken off down in the boss on the trans. 'S OK, I now have a manual / reverse VB.

Thanks for all the help. I was just wondering cause I have the option to buy this 727 for $100 and I don't need it, but I wasn't sure if I could make a little profit on it.

i have a van 727 in my duster now the only change i did was the dipstick and tube which is shorter on the van setup . i just poped in the longer tube from a car and was good to go jimjim

I sort of have the same issue, I bought a 727 out of a motor home, and I was wondering if I would be able to interchange the tailshaft out of a 727 from a 2WD 1979 Ramcharger? I am going to put this set up on my dart, and just wondered how difficult it would be to change out tailshafts? I would use the transmission from the ramcharger, but its bad.

You can, but you'll have to take both transmissions completely apart to do it.

-
Back