727 vs 904 rear support

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need a rear support for my 727 and im wondering if the 904 used the same one? I have several spare 727's but dont want to pull one down just for a rear support.

All A-Body trans crossmembers are the same no matter what transmission. A change was made in 1973 to a spool style mount though. Biscuit style mount was used from 67-72.

Im talking about the output shaft support inside the transmission, not the mount.

This right?

You can go here on the 727 pages and start there.
Performance Transmissions - A&A Transmissions
Then look under the 904 and see if it has the same part number.

support.jpg

Im talking about the output shaft support inside the transmission, not the mount.

I just pulled my 727 apart and swapped to a Coan super support. My stock one had welded itself to the output shaft (lack of oil) which was my stupid fault. It was listed for 727 so I am guessing they are not the same as 904.

I bought a roller rear support from Cope but it wont go on the shaft. It binds about half way on. The shaft is fine, I think the machining is wrong and when the bearing was installed it compressed on the end.
Im just going to pull one of my spare 727's apart and get the parts I need. Im sure 904 is probably smaller so im not even going to pull one down to check. Of couse the part I need is the last thing in the case.

They are definitely different and won't interchange. Pull down a 727.

Yeah I figured. I just started pulling one apart. Should be back in business within the hour.

I bought a rollorized support from jw performance I flordia years ago. I can't even tell how log ago. Never had a problem since. I've put several of them in when I put trans braks in for folks. They have a torington brg I them. Them dude rock .

-
Back