'73 / '70 Dart Resto and Race Modification thread.

-
I will say it again. Beautiful car. =P~ I am debating painting my dart red now, because of you.

Awesome job Rick -- one of these days I'm going to make it out there to see it in person. I was in bed Sunday until 2:30pm.

No problem, we'll get together one of these weekends. Now that its running well I plan on being out there quite a bit.:burnout:

Well... it took three months to figure out that my PTC converter was totally wrong for my combo. Even after I got it back from them it was still flashing to 7000. They claimed that the converter was fine and shoudn't stall more than 5500. Since I had already sent it back to them once, I started looking elsewhere. Checked line pressures, exchanged valve bodies, and had the tranny completely checked out. After all that the car was still having the same problems, so I bought another converter with the same specs (8", 5500 stall max) from another manufacturer, A-1 Performance.

Well, I just ran the sucker on Sunday and the new converter made all the difference in the world. Ran a best of 10.51 @ 127 with a 1.45 60 ft time. .35 hundredths quicker, 8 MPH faster, and most importantly no more over revving before hitting the top end of the track.

Here is an in car video, and an outside video from yesterday...

YouTube - 10 second Dodge Dart - In car video

YouTube - 512 CI Dodge Dart 1-9-11
VERY impressive!! Thanks for taking ME along for the ride!!Ben.

Thanks!

I'm relieved that the problems have finally been resolved. The build is officially done!:supz:

Photos taken by the track photographer last weekend.

Attachments

• burnout_1_11.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 351
  • launch_1_11.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 363
Latest pics...

Attachments

• 2-13-11_sml.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 320
  • burnout_2-11.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 320
  • wheelie_2-11.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 327
Great build... found your website about a year ago before I ever saw your car here. Really nice work and a beautiful car! Inspirational for sure!

im looking for a plastic racing nose for my 71 dart and havent had much luck i really need some help as i dont want to race the car with out a nose fenders and an radiator flapping in the wind doesnt sound like fun for me plus i want the car to loof really good as i am the only dodge running at my track if anyone has one it would be great i am termially ill i i want to go out with a bang but i cant find a nose for the car so if you have one or know where i can get one it would be great let me know any help thanks mark

so anybody got any dart fenders 70 71 72 73 dont have to be perfect as im cutting then for a dirt track car also need a steering box for a 71 power of course thanks

I hope toget my car up and running someday and we will have to hit up speedworld and show all the poor mustangs and novas what real cars do. (even though you already are)

This is one of the most inspirational threads I have seen on this site. I love that your wife is right there with you. And the starter grind? I can't believe you kept your composure. Really Really nice job on the car and the documentation of the build. I love this car. But I'm am astounded with the do it yourself home build. Very Very Very NICE! .. You have definately shown you've walked the walk.

I love the way you flogg this baby.....it's great to the daylight...under the front wheels that is!

Thanks!!

The car has been doing great. I had it out Saturday night and made 5 passes. 3 out of the 5 passes were 10.49s! Is that consistent or what!! Now if I can just get my reaction times to be that consistent;)

I'm attaching a photo of my wife with the car from Saturday night, she's my pit crew:D Also including a shot taken in the pits.

Attachments

• dart_night.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 224
  • char_dart.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 234
That is very cool that you are enjoying this car as a team. Cruising I beleive is coming to an end very quick . It will not be affordable. Soon we'll all be meeting in the pits. You did the right thing with the car. You chose your road and held stead fast to it. Great job, Will always remember this thread. Thanks for the pics. Steve

Cool new pics from last weekend. Ran a new best ET too, down to 10.32 now. Hoping for 10.20s as the weather cools more.

Attachments

• burnout.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 211
  • burnout2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 215
  • low_shot.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 219
  • wheelie.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 185
Man you suck. I wish I could be racing with ya, but my car is not done. I have not worked on it in over 6 weeks now. I need to get moving I guess.

Ooh btw good job on the new personal best. It's still a little warm so I bet you will see 10.20's no problem.

The weather is getting to the point where you can actually work in an uncooled garage now;)

Lol true but I have access to a cooled shop. Just been busy working on other peoples junk.

-
Back