73 and up tie rod and drag link question.

-

SirDan

Reaction score
In my struggle with the headers I have managed to forget if the tie rods go in from the top or the bottom of the drag link! I know the pitman and idler go from the top. I tried to put my tie rod in from the top but it does not go down enough to get the coder pin in. I did not tighten the hell out of it. It was late so I figured I would get some advice and give it a go in the morning. Any help is appreciated. I know I am a moron and I should have marked it or payed more attention to it.

they go the same as the pitman arm and idler arm..from the top

I know that the tie rods go in from the bottom up to the spindles. I'm thinking its the same way for the drag link, I can look for sure when I get home from work in the morning

Really? I did not go ape **** on my tie rod but It seemed like It did not want to go in any further. Maybe with it jacked up its binding? It fit fine be for I took it off to get the headers in. Maybe I just need to muscle it in? I have had a lot go wrong putting the headers in so I am trying to avoid any further issues if possible.

I don't know how you could get this wrong, unless you have a mix and match of parts early/ late

The center link drops down under the pan, so you KNOW how it goes.

All the holes for the rod ends, pitman, and idler are tapered, so they only fit one way.

I don't think you can screw it up.

Really? I did not go ape **** on my tie rod but It seemed like It did not want to go in any further. Maybe with it jacked up its binding? It fit fine be for I took it off to get the headers in. Maybe I just need to muscle it in? I have had a lot go wrong putting the headers in so I am trying to avoid any further issues if possible.

you prob got something in a bind, the headers and all can be a pain in the ----, step back, chill out, take your time, you'll get it

-
Back