73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Mark,
Tire choice is in post #212, it a 390/40R17 M&H. The tire is a Billet specialties Rally 17"x11" with 4.5" Backspacing ....I'll build the rear end to fit the wheels/tires...once they show up. I'm leaning toward putting a Dana 60 under it since I'm starting without any rear the cost diffrence at this point is minimal and after seeing T-Granger new S-60 that looks like the way to go.

Wow, outstanding choice. How's the new base?

Wow, outstanding choice. How's the new base?
The base is better in some ways and diffrent in others, but its not worse in anyway... having free access to a waterjet to design and make brackets, name plates, support and cool crap all in the name of training is a big plus..Glad you like the wheels, my front 11 3/4" Corboba rotors arrived today and the custom red Wilwood calipers should be here next week. Since there such a open design I had to step up on the brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and nice calipers since it will all be seen.

man...all I have is a air dye grinder w/cutting wheels....but I got 4 different cutting bits that will work with it

waterjet....isn't that what the chopper boys use to cut out all their what-nots and do-dads they hang on those scooters?

am I too lold to sign up and can I get a job with Ross?....maybe I could be his go-fer?

man...all I have is a air dye grinder w/cutting wheels....but I got 4 different cutting bits that will work with it

waterjet....isn't that what the chopper boys use to cut out all their what-nots and do-dads they hang on those scooters?

am I too lold to sign up and can I get a job with Ross?....maybe I could be his go-fer?
Denny,
you got it, thats what they use on OCC to cut the fancy stuff ...just design it like a CNC program and 55,000 PSI of water mixed with garnet cuts it out.....up to 6" thick solid 6061 aluminum ..very cool. I dont know about getting a Job you must enter the Air Force Reserves by age 36 to qualify.

I got a "training" job for you......cut out some 1/4" thick 6061 aluminum K-frame pieces....I already have em formated...

I'll e-mail em' this weekend....like to do at least one aluminum for a proto-type...

thanks
denny

Awesome wheel choice, before you mount them, have the centers powder coated satin black....:wink:

Actually thought about a Metalic Silver or Grey to kind of resemble the Apex-G's you are running...I figure that way the wheel would go with either the original Blue or a Silver once I finally decide on a exterior color. I thought about ordering the Weld Racing RT-S and they come with a black center but I didn't think that would go with my exterior color's...

oops ...got to thinkin' it is formatted for 3/16 steel (tabs/slots)...I will have it changed for the 1/4" and then send.....as soon as it's done

thanks...stay tuned
Denny

Hmm 6061 K frame I could go for one of those. If it works out I got a friend with water jet at his shop, very cool guy builds all kinds of stuff. Maybe I could get in on this.

been on the drawing board (in my mind) for years...just a few small details to alter to make an aluminum K instead of steel....

I want one.......how many should I make?

Well I need one, with Hemi mounts of course, so that's 2.

thats one with 4-speed/heater delete?....or did you want classic air a/c ,heater with that?

thats one with 4-speed/heater delete?....or did you want classic air a/c ,heater with that?

If this post is directed toward me the answer is yes and yes. 4 speed, Air and heater. I'm getting to old to not have creature comforts!

Florida is fair weather state so I'm going complete delet 4 speed and Mark you know you want one or two or heck maybe even three or four with all the projects you got going.

Second thought A/C sounds pretty good these days.

Florida is fair weather state so I'm going complete delet 4 speed and Mark you know you want one or two or heck maybe even three or four with all the projects you got going.

Second thought A/C sounds pretty good these days.

I drove the Crew cab (64) today (about 35 minutes each way) out to Donny's place and worked on his Plymouth Belvedere (Judy Lilly Car) and I have to tell you that truck is cool! The only problem is that the gas pedal / seat location make it hard on my bad knee to drive for a long time. I will change the location of the gas pedal so my leg is more comfortable.

do like we did in WV...for the long trips..just put a big rock or cinder block (your choice) on the gas pedal....then you can hang your leg out the wind-er...were it's comfortable

Denny,
you got it, thats what they use on OCC to cut the fancy stuff ...just design it like a CNC program and 55,000 PSI of water mixed with garnet cuts it out.....up to 6" thick solid 6061 aluminum ..very cool. I dont know about getting a Job you must enter the Air Force Reserves by age 36 to qualify.

I wish I knew of your job before I entered the Air Force, it sounds like fun.

Great work on the build, I am impressed by everything you are doing and I love how you are willing to take time to take pics and share them with all of us. :thumbup:

I wish I knew of your job before I entered the Air Force, it sounds like fun.

Great work on the build, I am impressed by everything you are doing and I love how you are willing to take time to take pics and share them with all of us. :thumbup:

Thanks,
If your a car guy, Metals Technology can definatley be fun and actually helps you be better at you job. As far sharing the progress, I truley feel that's what the "Members Restoration" part of the forum should be for, Helping others who might be in the same situation, the majority of the body panel replacment is the first time for me and before I started I kind of hit a brick wall when trying to research how to do it, so if my pics can help others then that will make this site better off. I've got several ideas from searching other members builds and hope I can help others too...
So what is (was) your Air Force job ?

Thanks,
If your a car guy, Metals Technology can definatley be fun and actually helps you be better at you job. As far sharing the progress, I truley feel that's what the "Members Restoration" part of the forum should be for, Helping others who might be in the same situation, the majority of the body panel replacment is the first time for me and before I started I kind of hit a brick wall when trying to research how to do it, so if my pics can help others then that will make this site better off. I've got several ideas from searching other members builds and hope I can help others too...
So what is (was) your Air Force job ?
and there you have it. super build. rock on!

thats what I find amazing about this site.....other builds/sharing ideas and concepts/being able to give and get feedback...ask questions...have a little fun with our banter....and of course make a friend or two...

the magazines hardly get it for me anymore....just too one-sided...theirs!

This is another very nice build. If it wasn't for FABO and all of the info coming from members, I am not sure I would be doing the in depth work I am involved in. FABO is hands-down the best site I have ever been a part of.

-
Back