73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
if i may make a suggestion. i have the same seat brackets in my car and they are a little high. i am only 5' 10" and i couldn't sit up straight with a helmet on. when i done my 5 spd and had eveything out,i cut the feet off and lowered the front some and the rear all the way to the floor. lowering the rear gave me more support under my legs which i like. keep up the good work!

The other mock up's were just possible ideas same as all the other mods and changes I've made...but since I paid money for a 2010 Dodge Ram bumper and cut it up just for these factory steel cut outs I think it's safe to assume this is idea I decided to actually invest time and money into to try.

if i may make a suggestion. i have the same seat brackets in my car and they are a little high. i am only 5' 10" and i couldn't sit up straight with a helmet on. when i done my 5 spd and had eveything out,i cut the feet off and lowered the front some and the rear all the way to the floor. lowering the rear gave me more support under my legs which i like. keep up the good work!

Thanks, thats a good idea .....my seats are on order and due in around the middle of May, I'll make sure I test fit them. I cut and rewelded the passenger side to give plenty of clearance to the new driveshaft tunnel since mopar likes to offset the darn thing, looks like I'll be cutting it loose again. By the way the rear bumper is now in 3 pieces as of tonight...more on that with pics once I get things figured out.

What was gonna be a quick day of shooting some Southern Polyurethane's Epoxy primer snow balled a little, but got done regardless of the setbacks...once I looked at all that needed prepped, I decided to get some blasting sand and blast my welds (there's alot) to ensure a good clean surface. Well that let me find a couple pin holes and a small section of weld that gave way to the blaster as well, so after agetting those welded back solid it was time to spray. Looks like there won't be a lot of work getting those modified inner fenders in shape to paint, firewall too..one could say they still look "factory".

Attachments

• duster 034.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,824
  • duster 039.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,089
  • duster 037.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,088
  • duster 038.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,063
  • duster 030.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,092
  • duster 035.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,076
  • duster 028.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,064
  • duster 026.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,060
Looks good! I cant wait till school is over and I can work on mine for a week straight!

Your build is one of the few that have inspired me. I went up to my buddys house today and yesterday, filled in a patch panel in my wheel well (truck spring attachment), and cleaned off a lot of undercoating, and welded in the minitubs. Thanks for the inspiring build.

Your build is one of the few that have inspired me. I went up to my buddys house today and yesterday, filled in a patch panel in my wheel well (truck spring attachment), and cleaned off a lot of undercoating, and welded in the minitubs. Thanks for the inspiring build.

No problem....Thats why I do it, I have a few builds that have inspired me (not all Mopar) and I fellthis is the place to pay it forward.

When did Ma Mopar put steering wheel holes in the firewall like that? :)
Immaculate work, craftsmanship doesn't get much better then that!

Wait until this is done, painted and assembled and then watch the
uninformed stare and stare and scratch their chins trying to figure
out what is different about that engine compartment.

I do hope that HemiMark's new Ram isn't missing it's rear bumper!

Wait until this is done, painted and assembled and then watch the
uninformed stare and stare and scratch their chins trying to figure
out what is different about that engine compartment.

I do hope that HemiMark's new Ram isn't missing it's rear bumper!

Your right Brother John people will be scratching there chins for sure. I love it. :thumblef:

Don't post much here but I have been following your build for a while and just wanted to say that your work is top notch. I finally have gotten transferred back home so I will be able to finally get back to work on my 72 duster after its been parked for 7 years. Keep up the good work.

Looks like we'll be seeing paint pretty soon. Are you going to install a console? If so, will the taller tunnel present any problems? Silly question. Forgot who I was talking to. Keep up the good work Ross.:coffee2:

Any decisions on color yet?
Leaning toward this color to go with these Autometer Custom Gauges being made and these seats which are also on order. Everythings been on order for over 3 weeks now I was just keeping quiet till someone asked. Heres a Camaro I'm drawing design inspiration from.

Attachments

• granite pearl.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 942
  • autometer gauges.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 966
  • cipher seats.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 971
  • JohnsCamaro.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 946
Leaning toward this color to go with these Autometer Custom Gauges being made and these seats which are also on order. Everythings been on order for over 3 weeks now I was just keeping quiet till someone asked. Heres a Camaro I'm drawing design inspiration from.

Drawing inspiration from a Camaro????

Good God Man...have you lost it?!
in my day you would have been dragged behind the nearest big "C" (Chrysler) for just the thought....just ask Dave

the yutes....whatta ya gonna do??

in my day you would have been dragged behind the nearest big "C" (Chrysler) for just the thought....just ask Dave

Even I thought WTF to the Camaro inspiration, and I'm a GM guy (shhhhh, don't let too many hear that). Actually I like 'em all, except 1st gen Camaros.

Ross...I do like the colors though.

A red pinstripe along the side like the yellow/black Duster you posted on Dusterbd13's thread would be nice with something on the hood to match.

If I were buying new, the lastest Camaro would be a strong contender.

Yea but I talked to him (Camaro Guy) a while back and he said he got the Idea from seeing something like it on a Mopar at a California car show a few years ago...all I'm using is his artist drawing for your visualization of my future endevors. So all's good now in the universe, Right ?

When is projected time in the paint booth?

Still not probally gonna be 100% ready till August time frame.....although the main body is ready (almost), I still have the bumper mods, hood and trunk to mess with. Once he has it I was told it would be gone for 4 months. Besides I just spent some of the money from the paint fund to buy something from another member here and it will take a couple months to replace the cash, cause we all know a good paint and body work ain't cheap.

Even I thought WTF to the Camaro inspiration, and I'm a GM guy (shhhhh, don't let too many hear that). Actually I like 'em all, except 1st gen Camaros.

Ross...I do like the colors though.

I'm thinking your Avitar kind of gives that away. You going with Jim to the Nats again this year ?

-
Back