73 dart 4 link install ???

-

07raptorgytr

Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking into installing a 4 link rear suspension into my 73 dart. My question is if anyone of you have done this and was able to keep the rear seat? My goal is to do a pro street build and keep the interior stock looking other then the exception of the roll cage. I'm looking at the competition engineering kit. If so can you post some pics of your build. Thanks guys....

Keeping the rear seat is going to depend on your tub, not the 4 link. You'll be fine with a mini-tub, but a full back half is going to require removing the seat probably. I have a 4 link and mini tub with the back seat (which I modded a little bit to make work). It's in the first few pages of my build thread.

Hey all, I am looking into installing a 4 link rear suspension into my 73 dart. My question is if anyone of you have done this and was able to keep the rear seat? My goal is to do a pro street build and keep the interior stock looking other then the exception of the roll cage. I'm looking at the competition engineering kit. If so can you post some pics of your build. Thanks guys....

If you're just doing a Pro Street build I'd suggest using a ladder bar set-up. Much simpler to dial in than a 4-link.

Just my.02

I have found some 4 link frame rails that should work just perfect for what Iam doing. They are from checkered racing over in indiana. They are low slung so it should leave plenty of room for axle movement and allow me to keep the seat..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-36-49.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 257
As already stated, the frame rail isn't going to determine whether or not you can keep the seat, it's the wheel tubs you use that will decide that. With a back half you use aftermarket tubs which will be wider but also longer, the longer is what is going to eliminate your rear seat. When you mini tub your only widening the tub not lengthing it. More power to ya if ya figure it out but I've never seen it done with aftermarket tubs.

-
Back