73 Dart Electrical Identification Help

-

dstan

Reaction score
My brother's 73 Dart Sport has an electrical issue that keeps it from starting sometimes. It's always solved by unplugging and then plugging this one connection back in. I am trying to find a replacement for it since the circuit in it is pretty corroded, but can't find anything online by looking up the numbers on it, or looking at wiring diagrams. Any help is appreciated.

20190808_141431.jpg

20190808_141435.jpg

20190808_141426.jpg

That jumper may have been a factory revision. Its not uncommon to see because they make the pcbs in bulk. If a change is needed they would cut a trace and run a jumper wire.
I have a couple of those boxes out in the parts garage. $20ea shipped but they are untested so sold as-is.

That jumper may have been a factory revision. Its not uncommon to see because they make the pcbs in bulk. If a change is needed they would cut a trace and run a jumper wire.
I have a couple of those boxes out in the parts garage. $20ea shipped but they are untested so sold as-is.
I'll see what I can do with mine. From what I've read they weren't in 73's, so I'm thinking someone may have grafted in a 74 wiring harness. I've never had to have the seat belts buckled to start it, and when it goes I loose power to everything.

You don't need that box at all. Look under the hood for the reset button on a box the size of a horn relay. There are two large yellow wires. Splice them permanently together. That box interrupts the starter signal wire on the way from the key to the start relay.

Shout out to 67DART273. Whenever there's an electrical issue on this board he has an answer, and in way non-electrical types can understand.

As far as I know its just a seat belt interlock switch. Just bypass it and be done with it. Its as useless as the annoying seat belt buzzer.

-
Back