73 Dart Sport 340

-

73Badsport

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just stopping in to introduce myself. I'm Lance, I traded my camaro for a Dart Sport about a year ago and don't regret a thing about it lol. I do however have a question: On the bottom edge of the center console, i seem to be missing a piece of trim that covers some of the shifter components and the hole in the carpet where the shifter comes through. I'll post pics later this week to be a little more precise. If anyone could post a picture of their center console in their darts so I could see what it is thats missing I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!!

Welcome to the site!Don,t have any pictures(mines a 4 speed)If you post some pics. of your car and the console area your describing,the guys might have a better idea helping.Traded for a Camaro,sounds like you,ve made a good choice!Now lets see those pics!

Hey there, Lance. Good to have you here. You didn't say if it is auto or manual. My son's auto console just has a trim piece of carpet around its base. It isn't installed yet, so I can't show a picture.

Jerry

welcome to this wonderful site lance !! i wasn't surprised when you said that the dart was better than your old camaro

welcome aboard! sounds like you are missing the trim carpet to me. some pics will help to clear it up for sure......

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't quite expect that many people, I appreciate all the enthusiasm lol. Anyways, I work out of town, so thursday night when I get back i'll post the pictures. I look forward to annoying you with many more questions:-D
The car is an automatic, it also has the sunroof. I just got the engine back, I had it completely rebuilt, bored .040 over, pretty much new everything. I just sealed the floor, placed the sound deadener, heat shield, painted the engine bay and got new steering. Its a project car, but what car isn't?
Thanks again everyone

Here is a picture of the actual car. I apparently have to have the pictures resized so i'll have the console pitcure up shortly as well. Hope you like it!

dart.jpg

Welcome Lance,

It is the carpet trim you are missing. I have a 73 dart sport with the automatic floor console, and the carpet is a strange oval piece that is not equal on all sides. When I get to work this morning I will see if I can send you a picture so you can see. I have cloned mine to a 340, and I have loved every minute of it.

Welcome Lance,

It is the carpet trim you are missing. I have a 73 dart sport with the automatic floor console, and the carpet is a strange oval piece that is not equal on all sides. When I get to work this morning I will see if I can send you a picture so you can see. I have cloned mine to a 340, and I have loved every minute of it.

Hope this helps, the carpet is just below the console and lays over the floor carpet.

DSC02441.jpg

Thats exactly what I need! I found the part on Yearone.com and i'm ordering it up right now. I appreciate the help guys!

And is there something wrong with the Sunroof 340? lol Thanks again for the info and the pix. I'm pickin up the engine sometime this week so i'll post some more pix soon.

-
Back