73 dart sport project

-
you know I am not sure on that. They look like newer springs I will have to look when a put my new poly. bushings in. I forgot what size tires are on there right now :/

well small update only thing I forgot was to get picture of the hood :(
But she got blasted and is naked getting some body work done. Only one rust spot not to bad still a surprise since car was so clean. I also got the motor stripped down and still picking out parts. I went to machine shop today and talked to the guy. Last pic was before I pulled pistons and crank but there out to.:happy1:

Attachments

• 100_0453.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 579
  • 100_0454.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 585
  • 100_0455.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 564
  • 100_0456.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 589
  • Eagle-20120709-00544.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 562
  • Meridian-20120702-00526.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 548
Nothing big to report. Body shop has stopped work and I am fighting to get the ball rolling agian. But on bright side santa came early :) I should be assembling the short block sunday. Still need to pick out cam and heads

Attachments

• Delhi-20121022-00762.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Delhi-20121022-00761.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 540
  • Delhi-20121022-00760.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 540
  • Delhi-20121022-00755.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 540
the carpet in pics came with the car but I got new floor carpet from yearone and I made my own for the foldown

Body work is looking good. I have to ask though, why has the body shop stopped work? I hope it won't be a major set back for you.:coffee2:

the carpet I used what just speaker box carpet. It just a pain glueing clamping trimming to make it look good.
He said he is behind on other work. Insurance work I am sure that pays more :/

Well got the body shop guy rolling. Got engine bay painted, jams, under trunk lid and under new 6 pack hood. He had hood tucked away so no pics of it sorry.
To answer the last question more clearly I got the carpet from jcwhitney.

Attachments

• IMG_0008[1].jpg
    100 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0009[1].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0011[1].jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 515
Nice choice on color that is going to look great.

I love the color, it really suits the car.
Great build, i sure wish i could have afforded to put a big block in mine!
Can't wait until it starts going together.

rather odd question but what are the specs of those back rims/tires?

love the color

Thanks for all the good comments. I wanted a color that most people didn't have and I like orange colors on mopars so that's where idea for the color came from. For the motor ya the big block cost me some cash and still coming up with the money to finish it. It made it easier of a choice since the car didn't come with a running engine. For the tires and rims I will owe you a few others IOU on the info I always forget when I go. Oh and for the strip I am thinking black over the roof stripe

Good to see some paint going on. Nice color choice. Will look sharp with the black stripe over the top. Any idea when you should be able to bring her home? How are you coming along on the engine build? Good to see your making forward progress.:coffee2:

He said it will be done in week or two as long as we can figure out the hinge issue. For the engine I have the shortblock done and I am still researching which heads and cam to use.

Finally a picture of the hood that I bought 5 months ago :protest:
I went to drop of the new front and rear window seals and checked out the hood all mounted up. I guess he drilled a hole and put some pins in to the hold the hinges on. He also gave me a peek and my re-chromed bumpers but I am going to make you guys wait to see those :glasses7: give you something to look forward to.
Also for the tires they are a 275/60/15. Once I get car back I will measure the rim and fill the guys in that wanted to know about them.

Attachments

• IMG_0016[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 479
She is going to look sharp in paint. Hood looks good. Are you painting the hood same color as the car or are you going to black it out? In my opinion a blacked out hood on the Dart Sport doesn't flow as well because of the beak. Either way she'll look good.:coffee2:

Body guy sent me a picture today :glasses7:

Attachments

• IMG_0018[1].jpg
    52 KB · Views: 460
Its the newer Mopar orange called Mango Tango. It's on the newer challengers and some jeeps.

-
Back