73 dart swinger front end wont stay aligned???

-

Lazares81

"Mopar: You're either with us, or behind us!"
Reaction score
i have done 3 alignments on this car in the past 2 months all three times leaving the front specs as follows caster = 3.6+ camber = .5- toe = .00-.05+ identical on both sides. i have also replaced all bushings in the front end, tires all the way around, pitman and idler arm, new tie rods and sleeves, readjusted the worm gear tight as hell, and i will be installing a set of bilstein shocks this weekend :)

any advice as to why the front end is not staying aligned?

also any advice on what offset i should use for a 73 dodge dart swinger im thinking 17'' american racing torque thrust powder blacks?

Check the lower control arm pivot tubes in the K frame, one of them is probably cracked.

I'm not sure what the degrees in toe relate to in inches, but you want about 1/16" toe-IN. If you have too much it will suck the front end down when you move the car forward (I've seen it on my son's Barracuda - a quick change in toe and it was fine). You could also have cracks in the k-member like mentioned above.

What adjustment is not holding? Is it going in a consistent direction or is it too much one time or backing off another? Back in the day I chased what I thought was an alignment issue around only to find out the ball joints were bad.

Make sure the UCA bolts have the correct washers, seated properly, and the bolts are not badly worn. Otherwise, they won't perform properly.

I was thinking along the same lines as 2 Darts........I replaced everything......Ball joints tie rods,,,uppr ca bolts washers Etc.........It could be something simple as that......Good luck and keep us posted...........

-
Back