73 Dodge Dart Swinger

-

Diesel0081

Reaction score
This will be my first Mopar project. Bought this car from a lawyer, he took it as collateral for his services. The guy never was able to pay.... The guy was turning it into a strip car, but I'm going to remedy that. The body on this car is about as solid as you can find one unrestored. It was a slant 6 but has a rebuilt 360 in it now. And a 904 trans from a 72 Cuda. Going to restore it close to original, well expect for engine... I'll try and update as it goes along with pics... The pics are of how it looked when I got it...

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 558
  • 033.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 509
  • 035.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 518
Couple more pics

Attachments

• 5H35M45J23G93La3J7c2729c7293e008c1560.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 509
  • 5L45F45J13K73m63L7c2739f8cc14759010da.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 497
  • 5Lb5K15P33I43o93Hec27b59e6543e7a81d7b.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 500
Got the paint off the bumpers and it looks so much better... Can't stand painted bumpers. Pics are taken as it was getting dark but you can see it looks better.

Attachments

• 421626_358439827513084_1319033403_n.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 505
  • 406431_358440637513003_100000412105917_1268705_69525405_n.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 478
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking project you have there, but maybe I'm partial haha. Looking foward to seeing the progress.

-Mike

Welcome from the great state of Texas. Nice looking ride and it looks like a solid platform for whatever your plans are.

That made one heck of a difference--Welcome to the site

A nice set of ralley wheels would really set it off too. With the green paint, the darker argent center caps would really stand out.

Real nice looking Dart. I like the color. I agree about the Ralley wheels would look real nice, but the ones that are on it look good too.

Yeah, I actually planned on putting some Mopar rallys on it. Don't like the drag lites on it. Pulled the trans out yesterday... Going to rebuild it and put a transgo shift kit in it. Found out it needs a new torque converter and trans cooling lines. Plus it has no kick down linkage at all. Apparently guy just slapped it in there and didn't do anything. More money and work, but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't a project, right.

Got the paint off the bumpers and it looks so much better... Can't stand painted bumpers. Pics are taken as it was getting dark but you can see it looks better.

What a great car you got. I just love the green interior too. Keep the pic's coming.

Got TPI to start bulding my torque converter today, trans is tore apart and found some kick down linkage for it... So should be about a week before that's done. Then it will be time to start on the brakes. Changing the fronts to disc, has the small 9" drums on front now... Good ole panic brakes.

Thanks, I'll let you know Criscobath, when I do get rid of the draglites. Gotta wait and get up some more money to get my rallys and some tires. Spent a $1000 this week on parts alone, for the trans and to do the brakes. Probably let'em go pretty cheap though.

Welcome aboard. I like that color too. Might I suggest putting a new air cleaner on there, like the one in the backseat, the foam in those can be a problem. They can melt and cause problems with your carb, and they don't keep the dirt out.

Keep us posted.

Thanks, I'll let you know Criscobath, when I do get rid of the draglites. Gotta wait and get up some more money to get my rallys and some tires. Spent a $1000 this week on parts alone, for the trans and to do the brakes. Probably let'em go pretty cheap though.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard. I like that color too. Might I suggest putting a new air cleaner on there, like the one in the backseat, the foam in those can be a problem. They can melt and cause problems with your carb, and they don't keep the dirt out.

Keep us posted.

Yeah the one that was in there didn't have a filter at all. So I put the Edelbrock one on it.

Thanks to TPI for the awesome torque converter. And Parts Unlimited LLC for the long list of items... Probably saved me a few hundred bucks. Tommy, you are the man! lol Should have the trans completely done by the end this week. Then on to the brakes....

Well transmission with transgo kit is in, trans cooler, new radiator put in, new trans cooler lines made, put in and all hooked up. Took some time to do it all that, keep running into snags. Have to hook up the kick down linkage and she will be ready to run again. Have a couple of crappy pics taken with my phone but you can at least see the radiator. I'll get some better ones soon...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 4.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 332
Couple of my buddies rides, not his mopar but still sweet! His mopar was covered up, so I didn't get any pics of it. It's a 71 Challenger 440... The pics have a 69 Vette 427, 70 Chevelle 454, 70 F100 and his late 60's Harley. The Chevelle is what he is working on now, so the fenders and stuff are off...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 7.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 6.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 320
  • 9.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 8.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 336
I'm rather partial to 73 Swingers. Looks really soild, and I'm kinda diggin the green. Just as a thought, when you get around to doing the body and paint, the engine compartment desparately needs DE-GMified! Mopars have body colored engine bays.

Attachments

• Dart left side spring 08.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 311
I'm rather partial to 73 Swingers. Looks really soild, and I'm kinda diggin the green. Just as a thought, when you get around to doing the body and paint, the engine compartment desparately needs DE-GMified! Mopars have body colored engine bays.

Yeah, I love the body style of the 73. Yeah someone sprayed the bay black before they put the motor in obviously. You can only see remnants of the old color. But I will be painting the whole car back to it's original color, it was light green metalic. Nice ride, I like that color. Was that an original color?

Welcome to FABO, love the car, love the color!
I like these cars better with the chrome bumpers as well, not painted.
I'm a sucker for green cars with green interiors.

That looks pretty good man! The body on yours is in way better shape than my '72 Scamp-I can't wait to see more on yours. What front brakes were you planning to do? And is your location (G-ville) correct? My wife's from there...

-
Back