73 Duster 340 4sp resto

-
You've done an excellent job on your car I'm restoring same year duster was wondering what radiator you used and if you have a part number as I'm having difficulty with it

Thanks, I used the Champion 374 radiator. Its a very close fit at the top, i had to bend down the outer corners of the radiator support just a bit to make it sit low enough to clear the hood. I just lined up the shroud to where it should fit for fan clearance and drilled new holes in the shroud and mounted to radiator. If your not running a stroker or big compression you should be able to use a stock 26 inch replacement from someone like Rockauto. My car stays nice and cool with the Champion, but we don`t see those FLA temps up here in RI ! Lets see some pics of your car !

It's a 73 340 car been in the family since 1982

IMG_4623.JPG

Yes sir that is a glass front bumper and a steel rear both will be painted silver it got a decent 340 with a 904 8 3/4 with 323 in a 489 case ,sure grip ss springs with competition eng. shocks on 4 corners been a 10 year project so far but I'm almost done just got interior and minor details

IMG_4563.JPG

Yes sir that is a glass front bumper and a steel rear both will be painted silver it got a decent 340 with a 904 8 3/4 with 323 in a 489 case ,sure grip ss springs with competition eng. shocks on 4 corners been a 10 year project so far but I'm almost done just got interior and minor details

View attachment 1715023860
Lookin good!!

View attachment 1715023860
Looks great! I have one of those hood scoops, just trying to find a second hood to mount it on so that i can try it. The Spectra CU499 radiator from Rockauto works fine for a mild 340 as long as you use the stock shroud and clutch fan.

I just read this whole thing, all I have to say is what an AWESOME JOB!!!

Looks great! I have one of those hood scoops, just trying to find a second hood to mount it on so that i can try it. The Spectra CU499 radiator from Rockauto works fine for a mild 340 as long as you use the stock shroud and clutch fan.
Thanks for the info on the radiator looks like I may go that route with the cu499 radiator not adding ac for now so cooling it won't be a problem even if our winters here in miami are at 80+ degrees

Looks great! On the school bus we would pass by a driveway with a Duster the same color, scoop and all and it was the car that made me fall in love with Dusters.

It was time for a gear change. The stock 3.21 gears with 28 inch tall tires just didn`t feel right with the a833OD so in went some new 3.91 gears. Way more fun to drive with these gears and the overdrive trans.
download93.png
download94.png
download95.png
download96.png

Man you do good work. Great to see you and me are not scared to let the mopar V8 sing. The manual geerbox is the way to fly. Love the 3.91 tag

I just read through this whole post, awesome work! You have a beautiful Duster. I have a 73 also and I have been fighting the rust also, every time I think I found it all I find more of it!!!!!!

Great job again, might motivate me to work on my sheet metal money pit!

Man you do good work. Great to see you and me are not scared to let the mopar V8 sing. The manual geerbox is the way to fly. Love the 3.91 tag
Thanks, man is it tough to get that pinion crush sleeve to start crushing! Where in MA are you located?

I just read through this whole post, awesome work! You have a beautiful Duster. I have a 73 also and I have been fighting the rust also, every time I think I found it all I find more of it!!!!!!

Great job again, might motivate me to work on my sheet metal money pit!
Ya, sometimes it gets hard to stay motivated. Everytime i started digging in to a certain part of the car it was rotten. Turned out the only major body panel i could save was the roof, and that almost had to go!

-
Back