73 Duster being raffled off...

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
A local restoration shop is raffling off a 73 Duster 340 Clone (original 318 car). The proceeds benefit the Charlevoix County Humane Society and the Boyne City Food Pantry (which has seen an increase in the number of regular users from 17 to 70 in the last three months).
Link to the Charlevoix Humane Society website (no pics of car):
http://www.charlevoixhumane.org/

The car is immaculate. It is blue with the white 340 stripe, with a blue interior. Originally from California, the 340 is a date coded block bored .30. Built 904 transimission, front disk brakes, dog dish rims. Car has fender tag and looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Motor has been in it only about a week.
The guy that restored it is Browney Mascow, who owns the earliest known Hemi Challenger (pilot car, vin#00015 and the only triple black Challenger TA (among others)
I wish I had pictures of the car today (I will in a few days and will post them when I do).
If you are interested in a raffle ticket, they are $25 a piece or 5 for $100. Only 2000 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 1000 have to be sold for the car to be the grand prize, otherwise its a 50-50 drawing. (He told me today, he's pretty close to 1000 sold). I can get tickets for you or put you in contact with Browney to get tickets directly from him. This is entirely his deal. He bought and restored the car with the help of some very good friends and has donated it to these two organizations.
The drawing will be held Labor Day Sunday at the Boyne City Drag Races (need not be present to win).

Again, I'll be posting pictures in a day or two (after I visit his shop). If you do win the auction and do not live nearby, I will be happy to store the car for you free of charge =) until you make arrangements to get it!

Browney was able to send me some of the pictures. I can also post some while the car was stripped to bare metal if you are interested...
177976398307_0_ALB.jpg

267976398307_0_ALB.jpg

369855919307_0_ALB.jpg

626715649307_0_ALB.jpg

989855919307_0_ALB.jpg

Can you PM me contact information as well? Would love to have a shot at that, it's a beauty.

Also, I'm assuming those were in progress shots of the motor and it has a radiator and is drivable now?

Can you PM me contact information as well? Would love to have a shot at that, it's a beauty.

Also, I'm assuming those were in progress shots of the motor and it has a radiator and is drivable now?

PM sent. Definitely in progress pics. Here's updated pics:
190353779307_0_ALB.jpg

250353779307_0_ALB.jpg

Need info on the place to get raffle tickets. I could use that for $100. I'm good for 5. Give me info.
Small Block

Went and visited Browney today. He's still doing some touch-ups on the Duster to make it even better. He wanted to pass along his appreciation to everyone that has contacted him about tickets. Getting really close to hitting the magic 1000! Anyone else that is interested, I'll be happy to pass along contact info...

Today's bump...saw and heard the car again today (helped work on a original owner, 26,000 mile Sport Fury). Duster is incredibly nice.

Back from an overnight camping trip bump...

Ticket sales are up to 750! Here's the reality...Browney is going to make sure the car goes. He will donate the difference to make sure there are 1000 tickets "sold". For example, if there are only 850 sold, he will "buy" the remaining 150 and NOT take the tickets (donating the money!). Therefore, your chances of winning the car drop from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 850 (or 5 in 850, etc.). In plain English, your odds of winning this car have improved!!

Its getting near crunch time, so if you've been debating, now's the time!

-
Back