73 Duster build named Fred

-
Ok, back to the build thread.... lol

I started to install the Innovate Motorsports dual AFR gauge setup and was about to drill a hole in the dash (just left of the radio) to install the gauge and then I started thinking. Is there any other gauge I may want to add in the future? Would it make more sense to use a 2 or 3 gauge panel and mount under the dash so I can add gauges in the future?

Thinking trans temp and possibly fuel pressure gauge.... Thoughts?

This is the AFR gauge I went with.

Innovate Motorsports 3891 Innovate DLG-1 Dual Lambda Air/Fuel Ratio Gauges | Summit Racing

Ok, back to the build thread.... lol

I started to install the Innovate Motorsports dual AFR gauge setup and was about to drill a hole in the dash (just left of the radio) to install the gauge and then I started thinking. Is there any other gauge I may want to add in the future? Would it make more sense to use a 2 or 3 gauge panel and mount under the dash so I can add gauges in the future?

Thinking trans temp and possibly fuel pressure gauge.... Thoughts?

This is the AFR gauge I went with.

Innovate Motorsports 3891 Innovate DLG-1 Dual Lambda Air/Fuel Ratio Gauges | Summit Racing

Just remember if you are going to mount a fuel pressure gauge in the cab with you, you have to use an isolator.

The tracks get a little pissy if you show up with a gauge in the cab with you and fuel running from the carb right to the gauge.

Just remember if you are going to mount a fuel pressure gauge in the cab with you, you have to use an isolator.

The tracks get a little pissy if you show up with a gauge in the cab with you and fuel running from the carb right to the gauge.
Yup, I still have my gauge and isolator setup from my offroad racer.

I like fuel pressure, afr, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temp. Anything else is ancillary. And I use that dual innovate wideband on my boat and love it.

I like fuel pressure, afr, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temp. Anything else is ancillary. And I use that dual innovate wideband on my boat and love it.
I'm going to have to look up that word ancillary, it's not in my vocabulary

I have tach, speedo, oil pressure, coolant temp, voltage and fuel level on the dash, adding the dual Innovate and probably trans temp. I forgot about oil temp. Maybe I will put that in the 3rd spot of an underdash panel.

IMG_1867.jpeg

For fuel pressure, just use a gauge on the regulator, set it and forget it. On efi stuff it’s easy to stick on a pressure sensor and send it inside to the dash but on a carb set up I wouldn’t put a gauge inside.

I was watching a popular YouTube dyno channel the other day and I was a bit stunned when he said he didn’t monitor oil temp because it didn’t matter.

I can’t unequivocally that’s not true. Oil temp affects power output.
10 degrees hotter oil temps from 170 to 180 was a 15 HP loss every time on the Dyno. (My junk engine)
It matters!!

For fuel pressure, just use a gauge on the regulator, set it and forget it. On efi stuff it’s easy to stick on a pressure sensor and send it inside to the dash but on a carb set up I wouldn’t put a gauge inside.
Got that already…. lol

IMG_1985.jpeg

IMG_2190.png

It’s trying to snow today with slushy rain. Supposed to snow later in the week.
It was supposed to snow 3-6 inches at my house and I got ripped off to 0... just sun and I had to work.
Crap.

-
Back