73 Duster build named Fred

-
Some of you may know that I am taking a road trip to Vegas (LVMS) in less than 2 weeks to run Fred for the first time. It’s their bracket racing season opener on Friday the 26th and round 1 of the Sumimit Racing series on Saturday and Sunday (27-28). I’m scrambling to get the last little bit done before we hit the road on the 24th.

Tonight after work, I got the line lock plumbed and wired, brakes bled and line lock tested (sorry no burnouts…. lol). It’s a temporary install an I’ve decided to redo all the brake lines when I get back as I am seeing some stuff I want to do differently.

Tomorrow I’ll install the trans blanket since I couldn’t find a CSI shield in stock anywhere and didn’t want to wait until the last minute to get something installed. I can swap that out at a later date if I end up getting the CSI shield.

I’ve gone over the car numerous times looking at everything, especially the items that will be looked at in tech since I would hate to make the trip and not be able to run.

I’ll give it one last inspection this coming weekend, change all the fluids and get it ready to load up In the trailer next week. I
don’t think I’ve ever been this ready with more than a week to spare before going to a race. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself. :rolleyes: :p

IMG_2216.jpeg

Some of you may know that I am taking a road trip to Vegas (LVMS) in less than 2 weeks to run Fred for the first time. It’s their bracket racing season opener on Friday the 26th and round 1 of the Sumimit Racing series on Saturday and Sunday (27-28). I’m scrambling to get the last little bit done before we hit the road on the 24th.

Tonight after work, I got the line lock plumbed and wired, brakes bled and line lock tested (sorry no burnouts…. lol). It’s a temporary install an I’ve decided to redo all the brake lines when I get back as I am seeing some stuff I want to do differently.

Tomorrow I’ll install the trans blanket since I couldn’t find a CSI shield in stock anywhere and didn’t want to wait until the last minute to get something installed. I can swap that out at a later date if I end up getting the CSI shield.

I’ve gone over the car numerous times looking at everything, especially the items that will be looked at in tech since I would hate to make the trip and not be able to run.

I’ll give it one last inspection this coming weekend, change all the fluids and get it ready to load up In the trailer next week. I
don’t think I’ve ever been this ready with more than a week to spare before going to a race. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself. :rolleyes: :p

View attachment 1716192890
Good job Bill, as I've noticed over the year since knowing you is you get stuff done, done nicely & done with urgency, and again good job!

Are you trying to reduce your fleet? Could have swore I saw a 1320 similar to yours on the block.

Duster is wicked cool. Hope your runs in Vegas exceed your expectations.

Are you trying to reduce your fleet? Could have swore I saw a 1320 similar to yours on the block.

Duster is wicked cool. Hope your runs in Vegas exceed your expectations.
1320? I don’t have one but I did list my Super Stock for sale.

Pretty unproductive day prepping for the Vegas race. Got my new competition number assigned by the NHRA so I had to peal off my old numbers, cut new decals and apply them…. lol

IMG_2222.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

The forecast for LVMS is looking pretty good if the wind is calm. I would be equipped with everything to change trailer tires. With the sbow we have had in the PNW there are bits and pieces of tire chain scattered all over the highway.

Lettering looks awesome. I know where my black car is going for stickers!

Screenshot_20240116-172933_Chrome.jpg

The forecast for LVMS is looking pretty good if the wind is calm. I would be equipped with everything to change trailer tires. With the sbow we have had in the PNW there are bits and pieces of tire chain scattered all over the highway.

Lettering looks awesome. I know where my black car is going for stickers!

View attachment 1716193397
Thanks for the tips and you already know, I got you whenever you’re ready for decals!

Very cool, thank you!

I keep one of these in the truck when towing a trailer. The car trailers are so low a normal jack can be too tall, especially playing it "as it lies" like golf lol. The 3.5 ton long reach deal is strong enough to lift my trailer up with the car loaded.

Couple this jack with an M18 1/2" drive impact, two spares and you are marked "safe" from breaking out the AAA Platinum membership card.

Very cool, thank you!

I keep one of these in the truck when towing a trailer. The car trailers are so low a normal jack can be too tall, especially playing it "as it lies" like golf lol. The 3.5 ton long reach deal is strong enough to lift my trailer up with the car loaded.

[/URL]

Couple this jack with an M18 1/2" drive impact, two spares and you are marked "safe" from breaking out the AAA Platinum membership card.
I raced offroad professionally for 5 years. All of our races were our off state so we are very familiar with prep and unfortunately AAA…. lol

Always good to have reminders and tips so thank you. :thumbsup:

Bill

Did I ever mention how much I hate wiring? Well I do but at least now I have lights! One step closer to being ready to make the trip to the Vegas race.

IMG_2238.jpeg

I heard Tim is pretty good at electrical . He could probably help you with some welding and bodywork too.
I'm doing the hard stuff myself, he will definitely help me out though on anything I ask and yeah he is pretty good, that is the 1st project I helped him on was wiring a duster, he did the brain part, I did the make it look nice part.

I'm doing the hard stuff myself, he will definitely help me out though on anything I ask and yeah he is pretty good, that is the 1st project I helped him on was wiring a duster, he did the brain part, I did the make it look nice part.

Tell him I said Happy Birthday

-
Back