73 Duster build named Fred

-
Pretty awesome, do you have a 73 charger also?
Or is that at the machine shop?

Not sure on all the specs just yet. The builder is giving me a spec card when I pick it up on Friday.

I was looking at the valve imprint and wondered how deep the pockets are and how much clay was left in between.

I was looking at the valve imprint and wondered how deep the pockets are and how much clay was left in between.
Eyecrometer says .240 intake & .270 exhaust for the clay
I could be off a couple thousand but it's plenty and then some

If it's in front of me, I usually can nail it. Ask rat bastid he gets pissed every time I do it. Lol
If you’re looking at this stuff enough, it can be done.
An old freind cut glass for years and could eye ball a 128th from a few feet away. Simplify amazing if you ask me.

I may check mine up to .120 then after that it MAY give you an idea of how much bigger you could go but that cam may have a different profile.

I may check mine up to .120 then after that it MAY give you an idea of how much bigger you could go but that cam may have a different profile.
Good to know. I'm not sure what my builder's range of comfort is. Curious to see what the clearances are on the entire build. .120 seems tight to me but I am probably more cautious than most.... lol

More pics…. Pushrods from Smith Brothers will be here Friday.
Resized_20230920_102447.jpeg

Resized_20230920_112255.jpeg

Resized_20230920_143804.jpeg

That type of pick up (stock style) is designed to be lightly touching the bottom of the pan. You show clearance of ~1/4” and that can cause problems.

That type of pick up (stock style) is designed to be lightly touching the bottom of the pan. You show clearance of ~1/4” and that can cause problems.
Interesting.... I'll pull the pan when I get it home and check it again.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Highly highly doubt it. But I’d put it on the floor of the pan.

Good to know. I'm not sure what my builder's range of comfort is. Curious to see what the clearances are on the entire build. .120 seems tight to me but I am probably more cautious than most.... lol
I have around.110 with my big block now, it was closer before around.100 and no issues
But It didn't go passed 6300 and it was on the Dyno 50 + pulls

Time to get caught up on my updates. Engine will be ready for pickup tomorrow and lately I have been cleaning up the miscellaneous stuff that always takes time to do. Got the gauges done, shifter installed, seats back in, trans cooler installed and pre-plumbed. I'm sure there's more that I am forgetting but I'll get them added to the thread as I remember.... lol

92.jpg

91.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

-
Back