73 Duster build named Fred

-
Contest will start on Wednesday.... my first pass wont be until Friday night. Besides, everyone will know since you posted that on the forum when you should have just sent me a text.... LOL
Hmmm....with the mufflers will throw a wrench in the guessing...!! Tricky, tricky, tricky!

Thank you. It's together and ready to rock but far from being finished. Hope to eventually get the body work done and repainted.
I will make room for your car. Next fall goal is get a booth set up in my barn

Finished routing the rest of the under dash wiring, just need to terminate the headlight switch when it gets here and wire in the monster tach and shift light (wanted a tach with memory) and the wiring will be done. Got harnesses installed on both front seats and the car is on jack stands in prep for a CSI trans shield if I can find one in stock. If not, I already have a blanket so I’m good.

View attachment 1716191775

View attachment 1716191776

View attachment 1716191777

View attachment 1716191778
Do you have any closeup photos of your wiring panel down on the transmission tunnel? I like how easily accessible it is, yet still out of the way.

That's be awesome. Thank you!! I'm getting ready to tackle the wiring on my '66 and trying to determine where to place the fuse block, ignition box, etc.
Not my best work but I’m building a new tray that looks very similar to this one and is hinged so it can swing out. When I install that one, I’ll clean up the wiring. Tough to see it but the fuse block for the body harness is mounted under the radio and is accessable through the ashtray opening. The relay board in the very back is the ARC switch panel board which controls all my engine electronics.

IMG_2262.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2266.jpeg

I got stuck up in the lanes during a long cleanup on a 90 degree day at a big money race. I made myself a promise that a would have at least one bottle of water in my car for now on.

Not my best work but I’m building a new tray that looks very similar to this one and is hinged so it can swing out. When I install that one, I’ll clean up the wiring. Tough to see it but the fuse block for the body harness is mounted under the radio and is accessable through the ashtray opening. The relay board in the very back is the ARC switch panel board which controls all my engine electronics.

View attachment 1716196412

View attachment 1716196413

View attachment 1716196414

View attachment 1716196415
Thank you. That's a great setup! I see a fuse block and a separate relay board. Which ones did you end up going with?

Thank you. That's a great setup! I see a fuse block and a separate relay board. Which ones did you end up going with?
Fuse block is the body harness (basically lights and gas gauge only). The fuse block is mounted under the radio and not part of the tray with everything else. The relay board is part of the ARC switch panel which controls everything else.

Here's the ARC panel I used....

Fuse block is the body harness (basically lights and gas gauge only). The fuse block is mounted under the radio and not part of the tray with everything else. The relay board is part of the ARC switch panel which controls everything else.

Here's the ARC panel I used....

[/URL]
That makes sense. Thank you. Good luck on the road trip and at the track! Keep us posted.

Got the car ready to go. Coolant is drained, block plugs removed. We will winch into the trailer later today and hit the road at 3am for Vegas.

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

The Super Stock is wondering why I am letting it collect dust and not prepping it to go racing…. lol

IMG_2260.jpeg

Got the car ready to go. Coolant is drained, block plugs removed. We will winch into the trailer later today and hit the road at 3am for Vegas.

View attachment 1716196795

View attachment 1716196797

View attachment 1716196799

The Super Stock is wondering why I am letting it collect dust and not prepping it to go racing…. lol

View attachment 1716196800
Tell your wife to do Brodie's in the culdesac while you're gone and S/S will be fine, I'm sure your neighbor would love to take a video for YouTube as he's giggling lol

When you start your guess my ET post you should exclude Fridays passes and make it the 1st or 2nd pass on Saturday. That way you can get your test n tune passes out of the equation. Good luck, go fast, and have fun.

-
Back