73 Duster color dilema

Which color combo would sell better?

• Original petty blue with black interior

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Triple black (black car, matte black stripes, black interior)

Votes: 56 46.7%

• Total voters
-
I like petty blue, since it came that way thats what i would do.that said mines going ford grabber blue just to mess with yall! Lol

Also my good friend saetuns car is black and its gorgeous

I like petty blue, since it came that way thats what i would do.that said mines going ford grabber blue just to mess with yall! Lol

Interesting post ,Bad440....Like the Petty Blue,myself. The Grabber Blue,seems to have a more vibrant green/yellow pop. Shot that in Centari,more than enough....

x black,but it had better be laser straight or you will see all the flaws

Petty Blue on a Duster looks good & would be much more forgiving when it came to any imperfections in body work & prep. If you were planning to keep the car, then I'd say pick the color you like the best because that's what I'd do. If you have no intentions of keeping it, then to get the most from it without risking a big loss with time & money, keep it simple & original.

Would you have to repaint every square inch of the car keeping it Petty Blue, like the door jambs, trunk, firewall, etc.? Sometimes these areas still look nice enough for a driver with just a good cleaning & touch ups.

If you go with any color change, all those areas will need to be redone or the car will look like a low budget, hillbilly resto done behind the barn with spray cans. :violent1:

wheels-mopar-blog480.jpg

just sayin

I would paint it the color you like the best!

I would go with the Petty Blue, especially since it is the original Color. Black looks badass on EVERYTHING, but keeping it looking clean is a P.I.T.A. Just my 2 cents. By the way, my biggest pet peeve, are Mopars painted HI-IMPACT colours, when they were not available color options for the year.

Jason,

So I am going to feed that pet peeve of yours but first, have you actually looked as the colour palette that some of our cars were available in ???? I notice that your car isn't painted in Fawn or also know as Inca Gold Poly.

I can only only see keeping your car the original colour if you are a purest. doing an "orginal" restore or if you like it. Other than that, I will be darned to spent so much time and money on a car that I hate the colour of. Besides, most of us restore their cars for themselves..not for other peoples approval.

BTW, someone coming over to me and telling me that I should not have changed the colour of my car or anything else [typical car show comment] about my vehicle is one of my (and many others) pet peeves..

Life is *really* too short...

I shall step down off my soapbox now... :)

The fender tag is gone Guys so why are you stuck on the original color.B5 or B7 is a way better color.

Yeah, to each his own, that's for sure. My buddy had a 71 Charger R/T, u-code, 4-speed, Dana, ram charger car, originally f8 green. He had it BEAUTIFULLY, and CORRECTLY, restored, ( paint dabs, chalk marks,etc) in FM3 Panther Pink !!!!!! A Color that to my knowledge, was not even available in 1971. The car has been for sale for over a year now, and he is having a ***** of a time selling it. I think the decision to paint it in a NON-1971 Color is the reason nobody will buy it. Mopar guys are the pickiest car guys by far, ( and the cheapest too). I don't like to give them anything to pick apart . ( for resale reasons ). At the same time, I NEVER say ANYTHING negative to anybody about their car. REAL car guys don't talk SMACK about other peoples cars. As far as my car goes, it was an original f8 car as well. The previous owner restored it in Top Bananna. I still bought it because it was correctly restored, and had the numbers matching 340. However......if it was restored in a non-1970 Color,......I would have passed on it. Hope nobody's PANTIES are in a knot. LOL

Jason,

I believe you said it correctly..each to his own..

I think pink panther would be a hard sell unless it is the original colour...if he painted it retail red, it may have sold immediately.. or his price just may be too high...or he is in the wrong market....it is hard to blame the lack of sale just on one factor...

I am not sure how many members re build for resale...but we are not...

Oh, I don't wear panties....

Cheers

I do not build for resale either, ....but....I. Also try not to make unwise Mopar decisions, in the event that I HAVE TO SELL something, or I need to sell to purchase a different car. No panties here either. And that goes for the MISSUS as well !!!!! LOL.

Well I'm buying the paint today to spray the engine bay and trunk. Looks like I am going either the original petty blue.

Well we are off, paint on the trunk and engine bay is complete.

Attachments

• photo 4-5.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 63
  • photo 5-5.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 84
-
Back