73 Duster Restoration

-
Love it with the stripes on it.. shes a stunner out in the sun..

Its funny, I had a Bentley in front of the shop today, Ive had Ferraris, This car is getting more attention then any of them.

Because bentleys and ferraris are not part of American culture, history, and manufacturing.

Look at the pics in your shop. It's already glowing in the dark!

Trying to get a feel for that color (it's growing on me)...

I seem to have discovered a rift in internet time, and found this pic from the future.

Attachments

• future adam 2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 605
Let us know when you post it.

Wait a cotton picker!

WTH is going on here?

Is that a Sasquatch?

Gettin' "serviced"?

Attachments

• future adam sasquatch.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 601
Thats awesome ! It may be a 74 though which would be a different color. Looks like G8 deep sherwood green

Nice, nice, nice... Thank you for the thread.
WHAT THE HELL DOES "BUMP" MEAN ???:glasses7:

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 556
Nice, nice, nice... Thank you for the thread.
WHAT THE HELL DOES "BUMP" MEAN ???:glasses7:
Basicly means the person would like to make the thread at the top of the list again.
If that makes sense?

Adam nice build man keep it up I am starting to like that color!

Heres some cool details shots. On the passenger side of the engine bay they were a bit cheap on the paint. Bare primer every were. They made up for it on the drivers side but running it.

What are the two items on the passenger firewall for?

Emissions stuff. One line goes to the charcoal canister, Another to the carb

Winter time already ? I havent done much to the car since it was painted. This spring I will go through the suspension and brakes.

A few more piece of the puzzle. Finished up the trunk with the original carpet, Jack and cover and found the plastic cover for the finish panel. The car originally had the cardboard finish panels but the hard plastic is nicer I think.

Attachments

• 1479175_10202315692671214_2116969508_n.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 418
  • 1460124_10202315692631213_71965378_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 411
I wish there were more members closer to me. I would gladly give a hand with body work.

Awesome work on the Duster Adam. Can't believe I am this late to the party but I read through the entire post. So glad you stuck with it.
Check out the project my wife and I have embarked on.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=4766
I would absolutely love it if we could hook up sometime for you to check it out in person and give us some tips, and maybe even a little help when we get to the stripping and refinishing.
As you can see, I live in Bristol.
Can't wait to see the "Green Manalieshi" (a Judas Priest reference and what I have started calling your project) on the road this coming year. :burnout:

We will absolutely be taking you up on the offer. But now that real winter weather has settled in, it probably won't be until the spring. I have a decent size garage but it is detached and has no heat. I guess the next few months will be spent making plans and gathering more parts. Hope you had a great holiday.

-
Back