73 Duster - Rubber Vs. Carpet

-

Joe Mc

No Car Like A MoPar!
Reaction score
My Duster (see sig) came with rubber mats. Just like carpet, 2 pieces - one front and one back, had sound deadener and was definitely factory - years ago I cut off the corners from the mats where the Chrysler symbol and part numbers are located (they're somewhere inside the car now) on both the front and rear set.

Anyone know if these are available out there somewhere? I like the rubber instead of carpet - brings back memories of when I was in the Navy. Some of the guys and I'd get together and head out into the woods to bonfire and let it all hang out, on occasion if a beer was spilled on the floor it was no big deal - just throw a towel on it - "it's rubber".

I never saw another Duster or any other car with full rubber mats - always carpet.

I do not know if new rubber mats are available but my 71 came with full rubber mats. I installed new carpet over them. They are still in the car. I think they were commen in bucks down /6 cars. Ask Legendary Auto and see if they can help.

Not sure where to get them, but mine came with a rubber mat...my duster was a cheap one to say the least. The rubber seemed to hold the moisture in too well...lol. If I come across something I will let you know.

Yea, my '74 came with rubber mats. I installed a carpet kit over it. I have no idea who might would sell a rubber kit for a Duster.

My '65 valiant had rubber mats,Got replacements from J C Witney(in the late '80's)so someone in the aftermarket used to make them..

-
Back