-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbo

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my Duster project. It is a WA car until 2018 when I bought it. Originally autumn bronze metallic, 318 car, it was repainted in the late 80's with the addition of '71 New Yorker drive train. Appears to be 113K miles on the car, no idea if that is correct, doesn't look like 213K ..

Drive train
'71 440, 727 and 8 3/4 rear with a 3.55 sure grip rear. The motor was rebuilt by a company in WA with an Isky cam. Runs strong, I did notice a slight slap on #1 before I started redoing the suspension. It goes away when the engine warms up. The rear main seal also has a drip. Guessing 20K or less miles on the drive train? The 727 was rebuilt with a shift kit, works great. It does have a drip when it's not driven for a month or more. It's been 30 years since the rebuilds. The rear does not make noise and the suregrip is grippy - rebuilt at the same time as the rest. Since it's from a New Yorker, it makes 14" wheels look great, it will need custom offset rear wheels for modern wheels and tires.
New TTI headers and 3" exhaust. H pipe so a gear vendors overdrive will fit. Urethane trans mount. New Hurst Quartershift.

Body
No rust. It was undercoated at some point. The hood and front quarters look great. There is a scratch on the front of the hood, a dent on the trunk and a scrape on the right rear quarter - see pictures. The paint on the hood and front quarters is 8/10 (outside the scratch). The roof and trunk could use a buff 6/10. Misc little paint imperfections as might be expected. There is dust on the car, didn't want to introduce any scratches without a hose indoors. The car has been garage kept since I've owned it and appears to have been mostly garage kept prior to that. The door jambs and trunk jams have some spots where the paint came off. Flip down rear seat and the upholstery is original and a little faded. The carpet behind the back seats needs to be replaced due to age.

Electrical
Everything works and is in reasonable condition for being 50 years old. Added a Syclone temp controlled fan, 110 amp Powermaster alternator and mini starter. Rear battery box installed with yellow top battery on a conditioner.

Suspension
Control Freak front end K member with Viking coil overs and rack and pinion. 6 piston wilwoods, requires 17" wheels for the front. Hotchkis rear springs, Cal trac bars and Viking double adjustable shocks. Drums brakes are like new. Steal braided rear brake line from body to axle.

Needs
Wheels, got rid of the 14" to save space. The rear wheels will need custom offset, so I have not ordered new wheels and won't since the new owner will likely have ideas on what they want. The buyer will need some temporaries to move it. Large bolt pattern (obviously).
The steering lilnkage needs to be hooked up. Have the hardware.
The power steering pump needs to be connected to the power steering rack. Have the hoses.
Exhaust needs to be installed, headers are installed.
Alignment.

Price
$19,500

IMG_3944[1].JPG

IMG_3943[1].JPG

IMG_3945[1].JPG

IMG_3946[1].JPG

IMG_3947[1].JPG

IMG_3948[1].JPG

IMG_3949[1].JPG

IMG_3950[1].JPG

IMG_3951[1].JPG

IMG_3952[1].JPG

Selling my Duster project. It is a WA car until 2018 when I bought it. Originally autumn bronze metallic, 318 car, it was repainted in the late 80's with the addition of '71 New Yorker drive train. Appears to be 113K miles on the car, no idea if that is correct, doesn't look like 213K ..

Drive train
'71 440, 727 and 8 3/4 rear with a 3.55 sure grip rear. The motor was rebuilt by a company in WA with an Isky cam. Runs strong, I did notice a slight slap on #1 before I started redoing the suspension. It goes away when the engine warms up. The rear main seal also has a drip. Guessing 20K or less miles on the drive train? The 727 was rebuilt with a shift kit, works great. It does have a drip when it's not driven for a month or more. It's been 30 years since the rebuilds. The rear does not make noise and the suregrip is grippy - rebuilt at the same time as the rest. Since it's from a New Yorker, it makes 14" wheels look great, it will need custom offset rear wheels for modern wheels and tires.
New TTI headers and 3" exhaust. H pipe so a gear vendors overdrive will fit. Urethane trans mount. New Hurst Quartershift.

Body
No rust. It was undercoated at some point. The hood and front quarters look great. There is a scratch on the front of the hood, a dent on the trunk and a scrape on the right rear quarter - see pictures. The paint on the hood and front quarters is 8/10 (outside the scratch). The roof and trunk could use a buff 6/10. Misc little paint imperfections as might be expected. There is dust on the car, didn't want to introduce any scratches without a hose indoors. The car has been garage kept since I've owned it and appears to have been mostly garage kept prior to that. The door jambs and trunk jams have some spots where the paint came off. Flip down rear seat and the upholstery is original and a little faded. The carpet behind the back seats needs to be replaced due to age.

Electrical
Everything works and is in reasonable condition for being 50 years old. Added a Syclone temp controlled fan, 110 amp Powermaster alternator and mini starter. Rear battery box installed with yellow top battery on a conditioner.

Suspension
Control Freak front end K member with Viking coil overs and rack and pinion. 6 piston wilwoods, requires 17" wheels for the front. Hotchkis rear springs, Cal trac bars and Viking double adjustable shocks. Drums brakes are like new. Steal braided rear brake line from body to axle.

Needs
Wheels, got rid of the 14" to save space. The rear wheels will need custom offset, so I have not ordered new wheels and won't since the new owner will likely have ideas on what they want. The buyer will need some temporaries to move it. Large bolt pattern (obviously).
The steering lilnkage needs to be hooked up. Have the hardware.
The power steering pump needs to be connected to the power steering rack. Have the hoses.
Exhaust needs to be installed, headers are installed.
Alignment.

Price
$19,500

View attachment 1716115291

View attachment 1716115292

View attachment 1716115293

View attachment 1716115294

View attachment 1716115295

View attachment 1716115296

View attachment 1716115297

View attachment 1716115298

View attachment 1716115299