73 Gold Duster Semi retro budget build. Project BROKE.

-
Well, the limo isn't going to work out. Dang!

For the Gold Duster, I got the engine on the engine stand and am getting ready to start pulling the engine apart. I need to put new freeze plugs in the block too. I am getting excited. To bad that I have to go out of town next weekend. I also would like to find a transgo shift kit for the 904. That might make it a little quicker. Only a few parts left to get.

69 318 water pump
oil pump
freeze plug kit
new hoses and belts
Cap and rotor
plugs
transgo shift kit
trans fluid
fuel pump
fluids
I think thats about it. :)

Let me know what you think of the Transgo kit for the 904.
I've long pondered a shift kit for my 904 just to speed things up a bit.

Others at shows have given me relatively positive reviews, but not a single one of them put it in themselves, nor did some of them even know WHAT shift kit it was...

Let me know what you think of the Transgo kit for the 904.
I've long pondered a shift kit for my 904 just to speed things up a bit.

Others at shows have given me relatively positive reviews, but not a single one of them put it in themselves, nor did some of them even know WHAT shift kit it was...

Myself and quite a few members here have installed the Transgo TF-2 kit. I love it. Less intiminidating to install than you think. It does shift pretty hard. Mine will chirp the tires shifting into 2nd at half throttle. One thing to know is that the kit does not come with a 904 trans pan gasket instead it comes with a 727 gasket. Just so you know.

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to work on the engine. I am out of town right now and found something for you John. :) I'll post pics in a little bit. I did get a factory OEM 70 Go Wing for it today. Anyway, I am going to take a shower and relax for a bit.

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to work on the engine. I am out of town right now and found something for you John. :) I'll post pics in a little bit. I did get a factory OEM 70 Go Wing for it today. Anyway, I am going to take a shower and relax for a bit.

What did you find? Come on it's killing me.

What did you tell all the guys that I was going to help you find someday? :)

Dang! for some reason I thought you wanted a Plymouth.

Is was good meeting you also Tate, Your Duster is coming along great. There were some very crazy cars.

John, I was in Rapid City, SD. Now in Bozeman, MT.

Heres a pic John,
SD016.jpg

Hey all, here is my new (real) Go Wing. Looks like I have two pieces that need to go out for glass work now. What do you think?

GTXforBuddy062.jpg

GTXforBuddy063.jpg

GTXforBuddy064.jpg

GTXforBuddy065.jpg

Thanks, I hope so. Like I said, after seeing your car, I really want to do a cage in mine. I'm not sure I want to go into the trunk though. I want to have a four point inside the car, but make it so that all the seats are easily accessible. I really do like how your cage ties into the frame and everything. That will be one stunning car when done.

And, I may have found you a sure grip. My friend in Idaho that I stopped at has a few.

Thanks, I hope so. Like I said, after seeing your car, I really want to do a cage in mine. I'm not sure I want to go into the trunk though. I want to have a four point inside the car, but make it so that all the seats are easily accessible. I really do like how your cage ties into the frame and everything. That will be one stunning car when done.

sweet, if you do just let me know, and can show a few tricks I learned when putting mine together that helped out alot, lol the rear passengers in my car will be kind of cramped but I wont be riding back there haha.

White knuckles. lol. I got caught right in the middle of that snow storm yesterday. Took us several hours to get from Enis MT to Idaho Falls, ID. Went about 170 miles at 35 mph. That sucked. There was lots of stuff I would have liked to bring home though.

-
Back