Not open for further replies.

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Have posted in FBBO but that place seems to be a ghost town so thought I'd try here. I'm looking for a k-frame for my 73 Road Runner. I was told 73-79 2 door b-body k-frame will work. It can be a small or big block k-frame I don't care. Must be in good shape I already have rusty junk don't need any more. Would prefer it be with in a few hours drive of Maryland, but will pay for shipping. Thanks Ken

I know someone whose got some but he's in Nebraska. If you don't have any luck let me know and I can contact him for you. He's not a member on this site and doesn't like his contact info given out too freely.

Do you know the dimensions for this? A frieind has one wider than an a body one in goodsbPe, might work ?

VDart I don't know the dimensions. I have a factory frame/accident book I'm trying to find maybe it will have them. The k-frames are pretty easy to spot I'm trying to find a picture of one. Maybe will help a little.

The 73-up B K Frame looks nothing at all like the earlier B and A Body ones. They don't even resemble each other.
BTW, they weigh 74 pounds completely stripped, so they are just over the USPS weight limit. I typically ship them Greyhound.

I have a big block one from a 73 charger. Would have to clean it up has sway bar.

What are they worth? I have one but it's under a 318 short block in a vehicle. I am Not sure if it's worth pulling out.

They are known for rotting around the rubber Isolator mounts..I've also had a couple of them with the metal broken around the Steering Box mounting bolts.
Considering how many 340 and 360 Late B's there are out there, I'd say it's worth saving. $100-150 for a SB K, $200-300 for BB.

That's tHr problem with mine it's rotted around one of the isolators. I could probably fix it but if it's out. I figured I'd try to replace it, first.

have one out of a 73 satellite, it's for a bigblock, have to check the condition

hello, you know the k-frame for a small block and big block for the 73- on b body are different. you would have to modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back