73 sbp with single disc caliper

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Trying to gauge interest in a rare set up. I found a 73 swinger with the front disc set is small bolt pattern with the later model large single piston caliper. I thought maybe it was something that someone had rigged but did some research and found out that a few 73's came from the factory with a sbp disc with the later single piston caliper. The advantage would be that you had the sbp for the 5x4 wheels but had the cheaper to replace better performance single piston caliper which started from 73 up. I would do this for myself but just finished replacing the entire kelsey hayes 4 piston set up from top to bottom. I am considering buying the whole car and parting it out, would someone have and interest in this setup????

I sent you a message earlier about this set-up, I'm interested and wanted to chat... Doug

This is a new one for me. I'd like to hear details, which ball joint, spindle, rotor, hub, etc., was used. Is the only difference from the common 73 up disc brake assembly the lug pattern ?

-
Back