73 swinger lots of interchange parts???

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A few days ago Lori and I were out for a drive and I spotted a mopar for sale, so I spun around and gave it a once over. The owner came out, we shook hands. He was in his late 60's or early 70's. He told me the car was his moms and she had owned it since brand new. She passed away about a year ago. Once she passed, he put it in his garage on blocks, then pulled it outside to sell. It is in too sad a shape to restore..floors rotting out, 6 cyl car, column shift. She had it undercoated every year too!! Interior is in beautiful shape, tan in color, grill is mint. You can tell that the lady took pride in it and really good care of it, just the elements got to it. Im not too familiar with the darts, and dont want to drag it home and hang onto a shell sitting in the driveway. What other cars and years will interchange with this car??

Thanks
4spdragtop

Hey Steve,did it have disc brakes,booster?They are the hottest seller,I stripped a 73 and still have some stuff.Chrome and trim pieces,windshield,wiper parts all can be sold.If disc brake car,offer $300 for the car or less.

LOTS of stuff interchanges. Alot of things are the same 70-76. Id imagine the floors are at least 70-76 maybe longer even? Ive had good luck with interchangeability so far on my 73. I think you can buy floor pans. i think they only sell 70-71 quarter panels technically. They just are stamped for the 70-71 marker light. Chances are your marker light panel could be cut and welded. for 72-76. I think front fenders are the same 73-76 on darts at least. Lots of good stuff interchanges, you wont be stuck with a car you cant get parts for i can assure you of that. Its also pretty sweet its got a tan interior lots of good color options for the body. is it a 3 on the tree or a auto? 3 on the tree could be converted to 4 speed pretty easily id think. Sounds like a neat car. You can also swap a 70-72 front end onto it if you want to, thats what im doing with mine. good luck with it.

Thanks sirdan, I was thinking of getting this to part out. I dont need another project...yet!! Someone asking me about other parts I had for sale inquired about 72 dart fenders, I wasnt sure if 73's were the same. I know the 73 hood works for 69 cuda. What else would be good off of this car?? Floors frame trunk shot, interior nice, orig radio, column shift. Runs /6 .

Hey Steve,did it have disc brakes,booster?They are the hottest seller,I stripped a 73 and still have some stuff.Chrome and trim pieces,windshield,wiper parts all can be sold.If disc brake car,offer $300 for the car or less.

Yeah, hopefully not sounding greedy, but with no income.....I thought if I could drag it home and pass along a good deal on parts. But the last thing I need is a rusted CARcass sitting in the laneway!!LOL I will go for a tour tomorrow and see about the brakes, I cant remember.

Alot of little miscellaneous stuff can be sold,cause you know yourself,trying to find all the little stuff to complete a build around these parts is scarce.:read2:

Just to clarify 72 and 73 fenders are different. But you can bolt a entire 72 front end on a 73. From what i understand 73 fenders will fit 73 to 76. But you could, bolt an entire 73 front end on a 70-72 car. The header panels and stuff are different on the 70-72 models. hope this helps. You also might not want to take on parting out a car rite now, im having a tough time selling anything because the economy is so bad. just a thought.

Just got back from the drive by and the car is gone. Oh well. When I told Lori, I could hear the relief in her voice LOL

DO YOU REALAIZE WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE???????!!!!!!!!!! hahaha dumb and dumber great movie

Hijack away Scott, I was hoping the car was gonna be there, hood, brakes, fenders, swinger emblems, and the interior was mint. Oh well

Hopefully a young gun has picked it up for a project?I would even take a drive by your local wreckers to see if maybe the old guy got rid of it?You may hit the jackpot?Good luck.

Yeah well I have room in the driveway now, I got the old 68 cuda rag loaded on the trailer and hauling it to Nigels Wednesday. So theres room in the driveway, but not in the bank!!

There were a lot of those '72's especially late in the year that had disc brakes and 8 3/4's. Chrysler knew they were not going to use those systems in the '73 model year so they blew them out in just about every one they made by the end of the '72 run. Too bad you didn't think to look as you may have found a gold mine!

-
Back