74 Dart Sport 360 headers

-

smith6693

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I would appreciate some help. I have a 74 Dart sport 360 with a fresh rebuilt 360 and x heads. My Hedman Headers will not fit worth a damn since the rebuild and the head change. The passenger side is good, but the drivers side hits the drag link and the k member now. I have crimped the header to probably half its original size and still have clearance problems. Any suggestions or has anyone tried the block hugger headers in this application. I have three kids so it goes without saying I am looking for a cheap fix. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to fabo. You are not the only one to have problems with Hedman. Use the search feature on the small block forum and you will see how creative people become when it comes to motor mounts, steering boxes etc. No, they dont fit like TTI or Dougs. With major crimping you really kill the header advantage.

Yes it's Monday inertia :coffee2: Welcome aboard this great site smith6693, bunch of great folks and tech's here :cheers:

I have headman headers on my 74 duster and the draglink goes through the driver side header, I have the j heads not sure if they are different than the x heads

Welcome to the site, yes, header woes are a hot topic around here.
I know you are on a budget, but the real solution to your problem are a set of Doug's or even more expensive TTI's.
Save up as much as you can and you might find a set used for cheap if you are Johnny on the spot.

-
Back