74 Dart w/ 340 6 pack

-
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I did do the bench bleeding and it was fine. I got all of the air out and then installed it. Just not sure how to check for a bad master but I will need to find out. I got it from Summit, so I might see if I can return it and get another one. Fingers crossed..............

So instead of sending it back to Summit I went ahead and pulled it apart to find nothing out of the ordinary and put it back together, bleed the brakes again and "We Have A Winner". Don't know what it was but the rear seal not sealing until I pulled it apart is what I suspect. It is nice to be back in the Dart. I drove the hell out of it this weekend. I almost had forgotten how much fun it is.

Well I have not been driving the Dart lately because after I fixed the MC I pulled out to go for a drive only to find a puddle on the ground of gear oil leaking out of the passenger rear side. Will have to pull the axle and replace the bearings that are pressed on and I just haven't had the time to do it.
So for now I go out and start it up a couple times a week and there it sits......... :dontknow:

Update: I pulled the axle to find the rubber on the inner seal flat spotted. Replaced the seal, and no more leak.....Back to having FUN!!!

Update: 20,000 miles or there about. I had to do the front brake pads today as they were getting a little too thin for me. It was probably the easy pad change I have ever done, about 10 minutes a side and done!! I took a couple of pictures of my newest Mopar along with my other ones. It's a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that I need for work. I also got a video of the Dart after I took care of the brakes......Enjoy

IMG_1523_zps7d5fc0eb.JPG

IMG_1525_zpsbf9580c1.JPG

IMG_1531_zpsece84c32.JPG

IMG_1494_zpsf74b930f.JPG

IMG_1496_zpsf011e012.JPG

IMG_1490_zps22c229fe.JPG

IMG_1515_zps327b1490.JPG

IMG_1516_zps51ea2b15.JPG

IMG_1510_zpsf706de9b.JPG

Last edited:
1. I bet your neighbors love you as much as mine.
2. I just wanted to let you know you are low on fuel....

Sounds great!

Thanks Dartn440 she does have a great sound that I like to play with my right foot.
Yes my neighbors have complained to me about starting her up to early in the morning.......Oh well :icon_fU:
I saw the gauge after I posted the video and thought to myself that someone would catch it.
Ding, Ding, Ding We have a Winner
When I put the new gas tank in I also put a new fuel tank sending unit in, and it is not compatible with the gauge. I go and fill it up and the needle goes to half a tank and then after two or three miles it drops to "E". I make sure I fill up every 100 miles and I carry a 2 gallon gas can in the trunk just in case......

Last edited:
Went out to the valley this last weekend for my niece's birthday. I gave my niece her first real driving lesson in a muscle car. My sister call me today and told me even after a week she can't stop talking about her test drive......My niece is now a muscle car convert.

2014-09-20185859_zps2bf18dbd.JPG

2014-09-20185908_zpsde337740.JPG

2014-09-20190310a_zps321818d8.JPG

Last edited:
Took the Dart out to the GoodGuys show last weekend. Saw gtmopar and a couple of other Mopar fans out there.
There was a few more Mopars out this time but still heavy Fords and Chevy. Had a good time just hanging out with old friends.

IMG_0357a_zps2e805e4b.JPG

IMG_0365a_zps132838c4.JPG

Last edited:
Nice. Car show season finished up here. Did the Vet Day parade. Hoping to have the rest of the rides lined up like you next year.

Just read through the whole thread, very nice job on your 74 Dart! I myself like the beak cars also.

Thanks guys I appreciate it cause it's been a difficult year with my Mom passing away back in July and then having to deal with some other issues that seemed to go on forever.

The result is I didn't get to do as many car shows as I would've liked to. I'm looking forward to this next year and doing as many car shows as possible.

The bright spot was about a year ago at the Turkey Run car show in Daytona. I got to take my Mom for a ride in the Dart. We went to a Sonic Drive-In for lunch and you could not believe how many people want to talk to you while you're trying to stuff your face. I can still see my Mom saying "Don't talk with your mouth full." Needless to say lunch ended up taking a little longer than usual.

Went out to the Good Guys today with the Dart and the Challenger.

IMG_0485_zpsoibrbcvg.JPG

IMG_0486_zpsyc6ju6yi.JPG

I received an award for Mopar Muscle Pick!!! (The Dart) A lot of Mopar out today, I lost count of how many Challengers (new and old), Roadrunners and GTX's there were, so I was very flattered to win.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob. It was a great day for the GoodGuys out at the fairgrounds. Couldn't ask for better weather. Lots of good looking cars out there and throngs of people. Here are some shots from today.

IMG_0495_zpsqvrxwmd1.jpg

IMG_0497_zpsoaeym15l.jpg

IMG_0500_zpsoghssziw.jpg

IMG_0503_zpsdobbfmzh.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsv4jnmzn8.jpg

IMG_0509_zpspwk7rpu0.jpg

IMG_0511_zpsx5dkr1sz.jpg

IMG_0510_zps2dlwqrqu.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsxe5gcqft.jpg

IMG_0520_zpscev2qn21.jpg

IMG_0521_zpszvq1bgjp.jpg

Me and my gals getting our award
IMG_0538_zpshokivkln.jpg

IMG_0541_zpssjtje4nt.jpg

IMG_0566_zpsg3l5ryzi.JPG

IMG_0563_zpsmdjf7tvb.jpg

IMG_0561_zpsq0qkfe5t.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsseecsoia.jpg

Great to be back and going to the shows.

Last edited:
Went out to the Good Guys today with the Dart and the Challenger.

I received an award for Mopar Muscle Pick!!! (The Dart) A lot of Mopar out today, I lost count of how many Challengers (new and old), Roadrunners and GTX's there were, so I was very flattered to win.

I have to admit, I'm bored with the new challengers and frankly, sick of seeing them. All the local car shows now a days are over ran with them and the newer mustangs and camaros. 99.5% of which are all stock. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy those cars to a point as well and am glad we have a new era of muscle cars and new fans but I'd rather see the hardwork and dedication someone put into their car other than opening up a new car loan. I know some car shows are now putting must be made before *** date to limit that too.

SO I'm glad to see a lowly A body win. Congrats :cheers:

Thank you dukeboy 318, well having both (not to brag) I love my lowly A body but my
SRT Challenger well she has some hips and she likes to swing them.
The way I look at it is one is for fun and one is for business and whatever moods hits your covered.
I like the way each one looks, each one different, but the same result......head turner.
I'm proud of my Dart because of what it was and what I've made of it, as for the Challenger I'm proud of the fact I get to drive around in a 1 of 1000 made for the US market, not to mention it looks great parked next to the Dart!!

Last edited:
Thanks Snowcrow, yours is looking good also. Nice job on the dash.
Here's to "Keeping the Dream Alive"

When we went to the last GoodGuys show in May my wife was driving the Dart and I was driving the Challenger. As we were leaving she bunny hopped a speed bump (more like a mountain) anyway tore up the header bad enough that it wasn't sealing at the head.
So the Dart sat for almost two months because I had to go to Florida for a while because my Aunt who was like my second mother passed away and I had to help my Uncle make all of the arrangements. I got back and just didn't have the time to fix it. After 25,000 miles on the rebuild I need to do a little more than just change the headers. So I made a plan to put new headers on, refresh the carbs, new plugs, new plug wires, change the oil and flush the radiator. So, all of last weekend that's what I did.
2015-07-31 19.44.59_zps7yevct0s.JPG

2015-07-31 19.44.39_zpscl3e76yw.JPG

2015-07-312019.43.58_zps11a3hbqo.JPG

Last edited:
Here we go again......I had just pulled out of my driveway and was about 2 blocks away from home when a little old lady decided to back out of her driveway without looking!!!
This is the end result.

IMG_0703_zpsgy8ud9qm.JPG

IMG_0702_zpsmsrcq14d.JPG

IMG_0701_zpsbh4wd58s.JPG

IMG_0706_zps3g62e6xi.JPG

IMG_0707_zpsxy295rzk.JPG

IMG_0700_zps6p9hs9gr.JPG

At least she has insurance but the question is what are they going cover.
Stay tuned........

Last edited:
-
Back