74 Dart w/ 340 6 pack

-
Dude I am all over those. There isn't a whole lot about my car that is factory so what the hell. Mine look like shattered plastic!

Speaking of Gremlins I went out today to start the car up to take it to work and low and behold no brakes. So I look at the master cylinder and there is no fluid in the rear reservoir. Will need to see where all of the fluid went to but for now she is parked until I can find out what's up.

Those lenses look pretty good, Ken & without any other options out there, thats a decent deal.

Nice Looking Dart! Love the color, but I may be a little bit biased.

Attachments

• IMG_0495 LR.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 615
  • Dart Engine 2 LR.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 617
  • Dart burnout.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 620
Nice 69 Dart. Looks like you have a good tire toaster. Yes, I too Love that color, but I think you do have to Love it to Rock it. Only thing I hate is it's a bug magnet....any bug within 100 yards thinks it is a flower and is on my car trying to pollinate it.

Nice 69 Dart. Looks like you have a good tire toaster. Yes, I too Love that color, but I think you do have to Love it to Rock it. Only thing I hate is it's a bug magnet....any bug within 100 yards thinks it is a flower and is on my car trying to pollinate it.

LOL I thought it was just my car. Every bee in the area flocks to it like it was the mother ship. Hey good choice in hood scoops as well. I onece had a '74 Dart Sport so I have a soft spot for the beaked front end. Very Nice Car! The new Challenger is on my wish list as well.

My love of this color actually goes back to a Hot Rod magazine article I read in 1978 where they featured Bob George's Hemi Dart. It was painted Top Banana yellow and I loved it. I got my car in 1981 and I knew in 1985 that there was only one color for my car. I repainted it in 2000 the same color (although I was tempted to go black the FY1 still won out).

Speaking of Gremlins I went out today to start the car up to take it to work and low and behold no brakes. So I look at the master cylinder and there is no fluid in the rear reservoir. Will need to see where all of the fluid went to but for now she is parked until I can find out what's up.

Took it over to Pete's today and worked on my car. Found out it is leaking into the brake booster and I will need to order one and get it on.

LOL I thought it was just my car. Every bee in the area flocks to it like it was the mother ship. Hey good choice in hood scoops as well. I once had a '74 Dart Sport so I have a soft spot for the beaked front end. Very Nice Car! The new Challenger is on my wish list as well.

The hood is a AAR fiberglass six pack with a set of 92 Dakota hood springs works great.
I had back in the day a 71 Z28 #-o with the beak so I have always :heart: 'ed the beak.
The Yellow Jacket and the Dart are such a blast that now and forever I'm a faithful Dodge owner.

My love of this color actually goes back to a Hot Rod magazine article I read in 1978 where they featured Bob George's Hemi Dart. It was painted Top Banana yellow and I loved it. I got my car in 1981 and I knew in 1985 that there was only one color for my car. I repainted it in 2000 the same color (although I was tempted to go black the FY1 still won out).

I've only owned one Yellow car before (now I own 2) and I just like the way the color makes the car look.
I now have a Bumble Bee (the Dart) and a Yellow Jacket ( the Challenger) and they both Sting!!
If it was going to be any other color it would have been black.

I agree. I just need 3 pieces of trim for the interior and I am on my way to a done deal on this one. Looking forward to Mopars at the Rock this April!

The only pieces I couldn't find were the interior door armrests and upper trim around the doors.

You and Jeff do have some of the best looking beak cars around.still getting better....

Well I know she is evil now, I saw this on the drive into work today......

Photo484_zps68e39941.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! I take it you got the brakes working! You need to go get a loaf of bread or something to turn a lucky 7!

If this happens to me I may have to park the car forever to preserve for posterity!

I had just got off the freeway when I looked down to see that..Parked it long enough to get a picture.

Nice! I take it you got the brakes working! You need to go get a loaf of bread or something to turn a lucky 7!

I had to order a new brake booster and master cylinder. One of the few pieces I didn't replace when I did the rebuild.

I know you weren't talking me, but for half a second I was proud!

You should be proud cause 74's Rule!!!!

I found this on the world wide web today. It's from the Daytona Turkey Run last year.
2013TurkeyRun634-X2_zps36ec8887.JPG

Last edited:
Evildart, I just looked through your resto thread. Wow is all I can say. A lot of time, work, money, and love into your project. I am very jealous of the Suspension you put in.

That is a beautiful 74 and now I am more excited to work on mine. You are making me want to spend more money on mine as well...

Well I glad I inspired you to work on bringing back another '74.
They are the forgotten Mopar.......Lightweight, Easy to mod, Sexy as hell.
I really think that they are overlooked because of the beak, but as I always say to each his own.

The only real problem is trying to find parts for the 73-76 Darts unless it is a Sport. I think they will start to repop some stuff when enough people start looking for it.

The nice thing about a 74 is you can find them at a good price and nobody thinks they are sitting on a gold mine........plus nobody cares if you change them up to what you want(well most of the time).

Last edited:
Dartn440 your cars badass so you should be proud.....jeff you will just have to unplug the speedo cable.....oh damn i forgot that wont work for you.........lol. Ken you going to goodguys in march?

Mike I'm going to try and bring both the Dart and Challenger to GoodGuys but I'll have to see.
I am taking the Challenger to Spring Festival of LXs in Irvine the week before.

http://www.socallx.com/

Should be fun, I hear that Chrysler is going to unveil the '15 HellCat at this event.
I'll get pics.

I just want to beat my head against the wall.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
This weekend I put in the new master cylinder, brake booster, proportional valve and then bleed the brakes again and again and again to no avail. I would get a good hard peddle no bubbles in the front and it would stay that way for a while 10-20 minutes then soft again with air coming out.Checked all connections no leaks, I did all new brake lines when I did the rebuild, front, rear, to proportional valve so I don't think it's the lines. Ideas??????
Ended up having to stop playing but I will be at it again next weekend.

Last edited:
I just want to beat my head against the wall.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
This weekend I put in the new master cylinder, brake booster, proportional valve and then bleed the brakes again and again and again to no avail. I would get a good hard peddle no bubbles in the front and it would stay that way for a while 10-20 minutes then soft again with air coming out……….Checked all connections no leaks, I did all new brake lines when I did the rebuild, front, rear, to proportional valve so I don’t think it’s the lines. Ideas??????
Ended up having to stop playing but I will be at it again next weekend………:wack:

Could be a bad master. I got one and spent hours trying to bleed the brakes. I went and got a replacement and worked right away.

-
Back