74 Dart w/ 340 6 pack

-
A little preview of things to come.......
7E847E18-F13E-45A3-9F75-FD9BF39DFB265.JPG

FE0A5095-D513-4F0D-B162-4C4B8172AC0B3.JPG

BE747AED-C83F-4E63-85CC-F6FB66500CD02.JPG

Tape line to paint the scoop black
IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

Why isn't it Saturday YET!!!

Last edited:
Thanks evildart i have 225s all round and need new tires soon and tryin to get the bigest i can under the back. Is that an aar sixpack hood tryin to decide betwwen one of those or keep the 1970-72 dual snorkel scoop i have on another hood.

Emilio

That is an AAR six pack hood. The backspace on the rear is 5 3/4" and they have about 3/4" on each side. The rims are 15X8 in the rear and 15X6 in the front. I can't seem to find the backspace on the fronts but I want to say 3-3 1/2" but don't quote me on that.

I appreciate you hunting that down for me and will probably be gettin something in that size range when i finally get the engine back in and back on the road.
Have you thought of just painting the whole hood satin black?

Thanks Emilio

Have you thought of just painting the whole hood satin black?

Thanks Emilio

I did but not with the beak. If it was a 67-72 I would of but with the beak it will stand out(the beak that is) I picked up the car today and got it over to Pete's. Real work starts on Monday........
IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

A couple of more weeks and it will be fun time!!!!

Last edited:
Just a short update Motor and Transmission are now in and I am waiting on a drive shaft.
OK some more car ****........
Photo310.JPG

Photo312.JPG

Photo313.JPG

Photo314.JPG

Photo315.JPG

Photo316.JPG

Photo319.JPG

Going back on Saturday to do some more on the the interior.

Last edited:
340 hp 375 tq
I got a PM from a fellow member asking about dyno numbers and truthfully I thought that I had already posted them. Thanks FABO for keeping me on my toes!!

Well didn't get to the interior but got the gas tank in, filler neck, and the flip top gas cap.Put the rear bumper on and the front support, put the wiper motor and the pivots in, put the radiator hoses on so all in all a good day.
IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

A couple pictures underneath the front end.
IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

It's coming along now!!

Last edited:
Well it is getting closer to reality. Took some time this weekend and got all of the wiring back in and all of the lights are in except for the headlights. Rear seat has been placed but the hooks still need to be welded in place. Got all the side glass back in and the side window molding put back on along with the side rear veiw mirror. Did new seals along both sides and put the drip rail molding back on. Also put in the locks and hooked up the door handles inside and out. The guy who did my seats came over and did my headliner and it came out great. I hated the cardboard and I am glad I went this way. Tomorrow the glass guy will be out to put the front and rear windows in. So I got my fingers crossed next week I will have it done and on the road!!!!
IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

STAY TUNED.................

Last edited:
Sorry to bother you again but,
what Rear End, K Frame, Headliner, and Shocks are you running. Could you also post a pic of the underside of the decklid.
Have you thought of painting the panel between the taillights like I did it looks better than the faded dodge lettering. Mine looked exactly like yours.

Attachments

• Dart Swinger.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 677
Sorry to bother you again but, what Rear End, K Frame, Headliner, and Shocks are you running.

Could you also post a pic of the underside of the decklid.

Have you thought of painting the panel between the taillights like I did it looks better than the faded dodge lettering. Mine looked exactly like yours.

Rear End is a 8 3/4 with 3.23 gears.

The K Frame is an Alter-K-tion.

I got the headliner from Year One and the bows from a 70 Dart 2dr off a member on here. I had to cut the slots for the bow retaner on the inside of of the roof. You will also need bow retaners and headliner clips.

mopp_0210_08_zreplace_fabric_headlinerstock_insulation.JPG

QA1 Proma-Star single adjustable shocks are the shocks I'm running.

Here are the only pics I have of the underside of the decklid.
P5277515.JPG

P5277516.JPG

Photo217.JPG

I'm looking for a better panel and will replace it when I do.

Last edited:
If you go back to page 3 post #73 the second picture is with the trunk up and you can see the holes for the spoiler.

awesome build and also subscribed to it! makes me wanna work on my car even more!! im a lover of the beak nose so im REALLY glad to see this.

Thanks can you measure the bolts to the corner of the triangles? Are you runnin an a body 8 3/4 and did you move in your springs?

Do what I did to cut the holes in the roof, print out the picture and measure two like spots, one on picture and the same on the car. If the spot on the picture is 5'' and it is 10'' on the car then it is 2 to 1 ratio. That means if the holes are 2" from the edge of the trunk in the picture you will need to measure 4" from the same spot on the car. Measure the holes on the picture and use the ratio to mark the holes on the trunk.

It is an A body 8 3/4 rear end. I removed the springs and replaced them with a 4 link suspension.

Last edited:
Well I have been out of town for a little while for work and have to go back out again but in the mean time I have got the car running and have one drive under my belt. The brakes are real spongy and need to be fixed before I really drive the beast. I only went right around my house because of the brake issue but does she haul ***..........WHY YES SHE DOES. Can't wait to get back from my latest trip to get her running right. I'll get some more pictures up as soon as I get back also.

-
Back