74 Dart w/ 340 6 pack

-
I haven't done it yet. Maybe I can give them a call. Thanks for the heads up on the 340.
Thats what you see getting built. The 727 is already done just need to rebuild the rear end
and do body and paint to finish. If you don't mind send me a PM about the person for the
bodywork with their name and number.

I haven't done it yet. Maybe I can give them a call. Thanks for the heads up on the 340.
Thats what you see getting built. The 727 is already done just need to rebuild the rear end
and do body and paint to finish. If you don't mind send me a PM about the person for the
bodywork with their name and number.

No problem. I sent you a PM.

Well I got my package from Jegs today with the linkage and all the brackets for the six pack. It's like Christmas for adults!!! Got the motor all buttoned up this last weekend, along with the 727 that's done......now on to the next faze of the project the rear end and then body and paint.

Got some more parts this week and have been putting them on.....Almost ready for the dyno.

Photo146.JPG

Photo147.JPG

Photo148A.JPG

Photo149A.JPG

Got this yesterday. Couldn't wait to put it on....

Photo150A.JPG

Photo152A.JPG

Photo153.JPG

Photo156.JPG

Photo157.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great, TA heads those are about impossible to find.

It is a March Performance pulleys and bracket kit for small block Mopar from Summit. It runs around 600 with shipping.

Wow 10k. I could have sent you to a guy over here for around 2-5k depending on bodywork.

sorry of im thread jacking here, but 68GT, WHERE IS THIS SHOP! haha i need some body an paint work done on my 70 dart, including fixing both my door striker pins among other things. thanks

that 340 is looking SWEET hope my 360 will come out as good, although my motor we be much more mild performance-wise

Nice looking setup you have there can't wait to hear the Dyno #s.

Well it has been a while since I did anything to the Dart.
I went over to the body shop and found out that it will be
$10,000 for body and paint :shock:
Wish I had a space to do the work on the car but I don't
so I'll pay the money....

Good news I received my carbs and the air cleaner today.
Here are some pics

Photo136.jpg
Photo138.jpg

Photo143.jpg
Photo145.jpg

I'm going to get the motor buttoned up this weekend
and then take it over to the dyno to get it broken in
and see what she will run.

Just wondering if your air reproduction cleaner fit okay out of the box? I'm going to have to grind out each air horn opening on mine because none of them is quite big enough to fit over the top of my carbs.

Just wondering if your air reproduction cleaner fit okay out of the box? I'm going to have to grind out each air horn opening on mine because none of them is quite big enough to fit over the top of my carbs.
I had to leave the carbs unbolted at first but as soon as everything lined up I bolted the carbs down and haven't had any issues since. Don't know if it matters but I got mine from Summit. The only thing that was a problem was the rods for the air cleaner where so much longer than was needed I had to mark them for size and then use the Dremel to shorten them.

Last edited:
I had to leave the carbs unbolted at first but as soon as everything lined up I bolted the carbs down and haven't had any issues since. Don’t know if it matters but I got mine from Summit. The only thing that was a problem was the rods for the air cleaner where so much longer than was needed I had to mark them for size and then use the Drimel to shorten them.

Won't work for me. Mine came from Summit too. Must be a different production run. I didn't even have the carbs bolted to the manifold. They wouldn't even fit if I tried them one at a time in the air cleaner. I tried 6 different carbs. I'll just hit them with a file or something. Not a biggie.

So I guess the next question is did you get the carbs recently or are they originals?

One set is reproduction carbs from Summit that I bought a couple of years ago. The others are a new set of Direct Connection mechanical carbs that I've had for over 30 years. Here's a pic of them on a manifold I bought new from my local mopar parts department sometime around 1978.

Attachments

• 100_4110 for net.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,159
'64 Cuda...man..you must be an old dude.......like me!

One set is reproduction carbs from Summit that I bought a couple of years ago. The others are a new set of Direct Connection mechanical carbs that I've had for over 30 years. Here's a pic of them on a manifold I bought new from my local mopar parts department sometime around 1978.
Maybe it's the picture or maybe it's me but is the front carb sitting away from the center carb? On mine it sits right up on the center carb with no room in between.

Well she is off to body and paint this week end. I cant wait to get started and see this part of the project done. I took the rear end over today to get rebuilt. I also got new axles and a disk brake conversion kit today to put on the rear when it's done and ready to go back together. I'm thinking end of July (fingers crossed)

She's going in like this

profilepic13521_1.JPG

And coming out like this one(the color for reference)(this is not my car)

74swing3.JPG

The hood will be a fiberglass hood with a six pack set up on it. I will have it painted black along with the black vinyl top, black Go-Wing and the black bumble bee strip on tail end.

Last edited:
Nope...it always has been a California car.....Blue Plate Special. I'm the 3rd owner.
Nice resto on your Swinger.

Thanks, I did it while going to tech school for auto body. In 1997. Your's is gonna turn out sweet!

Cool. I PM'd you about paint. It is going to look sweet.
I never heard from your buddy so I am going to the guy out in Antioch.
The way that I found him is the guy who owns the body shop that I have
taken my Evo to so it could get fixed (someone ran into me) told me that he takes

his own personal cars to him. A little more $$ but his '71 Cuda is eye candy...

-
Back