74 Duster 318 Factory 4 Speed rare gold duster?

-

74Duster4Speed318

Rare 4PD 318
Reaction score
Hey guys, havent been on in a while but im still wondering about our duster,

74 duster 318 factory numbers matching 4 speed, we always wondered why somebody would order a gold duster with s 318 4 speed

Looking for 318 manifolds

Original owner put headers on it (dummy)

Still cannot figure how rare it is? I dony mean million dollar rare but gold duster rare

Heres somee options
Fc5 rally red
White vinyl top
High back white bucket interior
Fold down security seat
Am radio ( factory delete speaker)
Sure grip rear end
White stripe

Very clean 42000 mile car

Any inputs guys/gals

Well I don't know how rare it is....truthfully, but I have a 73 Gold Duster with a 318 and is an automatic. Fold down back seat, and a few mods.. And it's actually painted Honey Gold... (See below)... LOL..... No pun intended... <smiling from ear to ear> Maybe someone else will chime in here in a bit and give ya some better info. Did I mention it was painted gold...?? :toothy7:

Attachments

• Duster Car .jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 6,998
Sounds like a pretty well optioned car!

But, here's the thing. 1974 was the highest year of production for Dusters, with 281,378 Duster's sold. 3,969 were 360 cars, so that leaves 277,409 Dusters with a /6 or 318.

The Gold Duster package was a VERY popular option from everything I've ever rear, although I've never seen any production #'s for it specifically. They were allegedly all 225 /6 or 318 cars also, no 340 or 360 Gold Dusters. I think that might even make it MORE likely to see a 318 4 speed Gold Duster vs a "plain" 318 4 speed Duster, because if you wanted the Gold Duster package and a 4 speed a 318 would be the best you could do for an engine.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that it sounds like you have a nice, well optioned Gold Duster, but its not really "rare" in the true sense of the word. I pulled a bunch of parts off a '73 Gold Duster that showed up at the local PickNpull last month. It's probably more rare because of its condition, rather than its options.

Although pretty much ALL '74 Duster's are more "rare" than mine, it started life as a /6 auto with practically ZERO options, lots a blank space on the fender tag. :D

Find some 1970 HP exhaust manifold, those 318's are nothing to pay for, IMO

Number matching is great if its a 340, 440, 426 but the 318 not really.

I scored some great MP heads off ebay, the dude was selling them cause his car came with a 318 and it now had a built 360 and since the factory put a 318 in it, he believe it had to have a 318 again :sign3:

$300 for the heads, one of my best ebay buys ever. I did pay the guy in cash--some 20 something cause he was just 45 mins from me

-
Back