74 duster back seat removal

-

CGDust1974

Reaction score
I have looked at my back seat from inside and in the trunk and absolutely cannot figure out how to remove it. I need to upholster the seat and replace the carpet.

Start by removing the bottom section. Push the front of the back seat bottom half rearward and then upwards.
The back of the rear seat, (Where your back rests) is held in by 2 bolts at the bottom.

Push down and back on the bottom cushion. It will lift out. the seat back has two screws at the bottom. Remove them and lift up and its out!

They can be aqravating. I think the deat back drops down some over time (gravity) and blocks the seat bottom from moving back far enough to release. Push the seat back up as far as it will go. Here's a tip...
cover those seat hooks in the floor with something, tuna cans and duct tape, whatever, because they will eat your knees up !!! Scar on my knee is no big deal. Scar on the wifes pretty knee is heart breaking.

Took mine out this summer to put carpet in and was a b----. I pulled a chest muscle and was sore for a week. If you have the front seat out, get someone to help you push back and save your back!!!!!!!!!!!walt:headbang:

Thanks to everyone who answered. My son and I got it out without pulling anything or damaging anything.

-
Back