'74 Duster for sale (not mine)

-
Seller writes:
"Rust free 74 Duster restored just 1 year ago.318,904 transmission.Call for appointment,no low ballers or tire kickers please,I dont have sell it, just want something different NO TRADES.Asking 18 grand FIRM come on if you know your cars,this is a good deal,49 thousand miles on this car"

Remember the ad where the seller welcomes Low ballers and tire kickers ???
Me neither.

thought it was the 318 whiplash cam duster on youtube but it got black strips,...sure looks familiar tho'!

18 grand is a bit steep, but it looks like a nice car though..........

Probably $18K Canadian = $13.4K US. If that's right, I don't think that's a bad price, if it's as nice as it appears to be. The car looks fantastic in the pics.

He doesn't have to sell, yet he brings it out in the middle of winter for a photo shoot with little tiny pictures that show nothing of significance,commensurate with the price point.
For that price, I'd want to see a row of cheap fridge magnets stuck all along the usually bondo'ed up areas, and close ups of all the usually cancerous places.
I guess, not only does he not need to sell it, but he also really doesn't want to. He is in fact the "tire kicker", trying to get a feel for the market.
And who can blame him.
Gone are the days when we could buy prime examples for beer money prices. Some of the cars I have stripped out in the past would command those prices today, with little more than freshening up. I couldabin a millionaire,lol.....Instead I gave it all away to the scrap dealers,friends, and neighbors, for nothing to next to nothing.
Kindof like the young girls do today. And then they give away or destroy their babies, or go on social support.
What a world we live in today!
Hey I got an idea; maybe I should put some new qtrs on mine and spray a fresh coat of paint on her,put a 2bbl teener in her and put her up for sale. What color would you guys like? No pics tho, cuz everybody knows what a 68 Barracuda looks like. Well maybe a couple of little tiny blurry ones......... in or near snow.
Well from me,you could order any small block, and any small block tranny, and any rear end.I also have two REAL FormulaS cars with numbers matching engines. One even has a numbers matching tranny, but that is a 383 car.
Price starts at $18000 Canucks. Make the call, you know you always wanted one. Here's your chance. Send 50% today And I'll send the body out for professional restoration, while I get started on the mechanicals. Send $1000 a month until it's done. Then we'll make reservations at a local restaurant where we will meet for the transfer of ownership. Do not delay, these cars won't survive much longer! Call today! call now!. I don't need to sell, so no low-ballers or toe stubbers. No tires yet, but if you sign up in the next three days, I'll make a special order at the local tire-shop for anything you want, or I can get, whichever comes first. I should mention that 295s will fit back there, and I have one spare set I could install on 15 x 10s for you. I also have one spare FormulaS front clip, so KHers are on the table. If you want a matching to the rear 4.5bc, I can do that too; a 73 Dart floating caliper system has all the modernity you could ask for. Would you like it to be power assisted? I can set it up for you. Would you like Power Steering, I can do that too. Would you like me to firm it up a tad? That can be done as well. Exhaust will be custom, but I can supply the very desirable 340 HP manifolds. Oh yes you can have a 340, I have several to chose from, including the original one that it left the factory with. Would you like everything to match the buildsheet? I can make it happen. Call today. For a couple of bucks extra, I can buy a nice camera and my darling wife can learn to keep you posted with pics. The first ones might be a little blurry, but whatever she puts her mind to she gets better over time. Don't wait! I only have two original S cars and one clone. I have recently built a very nice "shop". It's quite small tho, so it will have to be First come First served. Now is your chance. The price of these sweetheart cars goes up every day. You may not ever see this kindof deal again. Take advantage of the exchange rate and cheap Canadian labor, pick up the phone. The process could take two years or more, so you have plenty of time to amass the small fortune I am asking for. You only need 50% down. If you back out, I will only charge for what I have spent, so again it's a win-win deal. Hey you even know me. Heck, I may have solved or helped to solve a problem for you in the past, so we're no strangers. Common, pick up the phone. I don't need to sell these cars, I'm not starving. But I am within 2 years of full retirement and need something to do. Help me out here, I really want somebody to have these great cars If you have never driven a 400 hp Formula S car, man you have missed one of the alltime most awesomest cars, ever; call today. You're not getting any younger either, soon you will be too old for 400 hp, soon you will be like me,getting s-l-o-w-e-r. Do not delay. Forget the wife, she's not gonna let you drive her much longer, get the ride of your life now, so you have something to hang on to when she says NO! for that last time. Hey this is easy,call 1-888-AJs-place. You want it in Purple, black, red or bumblebee yellow, pick a color, I'll make it happen, ask anybody, I go in both feet. Call today!
OOps times a-wasting, gotta go to work, wifeys gotta have restaurant money...

Last edited:
He doesn't have to sell, yet he brings it out in the middle of winter for a photo shoot with little tiny pictures that show nothing of significance,commensurate with the price point.
For that price, I'd want to see a row of cheap fridge magnets stuck all along the usually bondo'ed up areas, and close ups of all the usually cancerous places.
I guess, not only does he not need to sell it, but he also really doesn't want to. He is in fact the "tire kicker", trying to get a feel for the market.
And who can blame him.
Gone are the days when we could buy prime examples for beer money prices. Some of the cars I have stripped out in the past would command those prices today, with little more than freshening up. I couldabin a millionaire,lol.....Instead I gave it all away to the scrap dealers,friends, and neighbors, for nothing to next to nothing.
Kindof like the young girls do today. And then they give away or destroy their babies, or go on social support.

preach it brother

And who can blame him.
Hey I got an idea; maybe I should put some new qtrs on mine and spray a fresh coat of paint on her,put a 2bbl teener in her and put her up for sale. What color would you guys like? No pics tho, cuz everybody knows what a 68 Barracuda looks like. Well maybe a couple of little tiny blurry ones......... in or near snow.
Well from me,you could order any small block, and any small block tranny, and any rear end.I also have two REAL FormulaS cars with numbers matching engines. One even has a numbers matching tranny, but that is a 383 car.
Price starts at $18000 Canucks. Make the call, you know you always wanted one. Here's your chance. Send 50% today And I'll send the body out for professional restoration, while I get started on the mechanicals. Send $1000 a month until it's done. Then we'll make reservations at a local restaurant where we will meet for the transfer of ownership. Do not delay, these cars woun't survive much longer! Call today! call now!. I don't need to sell, so no low-ballers or toe stubbers. No tires yet, but if you sign up in the next three days, I'll make a special order at the local tire-shop for anything you want, or I can get, whichever comes first. I should mention that 25s will fit back there, and I have one spare set I could install on 15 x 10s for you. I also have one spare FormulaS front clip, so KHers are on the table. If you want a matching to the rear 4.5bc, I can do that too; a 73 Dart floating caliper system has all the modernity you could ask for. Would you like it to be power assisted? I can set it up for you. Would you like PowerSteering, I can do that too. Would you like me to firm it up a tad? That can be done as well. Exhaust will be custom, but I can supply the very desireable 340 manifolds as well. Oh yes you can have a 340, I have several to chose from, including the original one that it left the factory with. Would you like everything to match the buildsheet? I can make it happen. Call today. For a couple of bucks extra, I can buy a nice camera and my darling wife can learn to keep you posted with pics. The first ones might be a little blurry, but she gets better over time. Don't wait! I only have two original S cars and one clone. I have recently built a very nice "shop". It's quite small tho, so it will have to be First come First served. Now is your chance. The price of these sweetheart cars goes up every day. You may not ever see this kindof deal again. Take advantage of the exchange rate and cheap Canadian labor, pick up the phone. The process could take two years or more, so you have plenty of time to amass the small fortune I am asking for. You only need 50% down. If you back out, I will only charge for what I have spent, so again it's a win-win deal. Hey you even know me. Heck, I may have solved or helped to solve a problem for you in the past, so we're no strangers. Common, pick up the phone. I don't need to sell these cars, I'm not starving. But I am within 2 years of full retirement and need something to do. Help me out here, I really want somebody to have these great cars If you have never driven a 400 hp Formula S car, man you have missed one of the alltime most awesomest cars, ever; call today. You're not getting any younger either, soon you will be too old for 400 hp, soon you will be like me,getting s-l-o-w-e-r. Do not delay. Forget the wife, she's not gonna let you drive her much longer, get the ride of your life now, so you have something to hang on to when she says NO! for tha last time. Hey this is easy 1888 I want mine in Purple, black, red or bmblebee yellow, pick a color, I'll make it happen, ask anybody, I go in deep. Call today!
OOps times a-wasting, gotta go to work, wifeys gotta eat...
i could hang with this dude!! 12 pack or 2 anyways!

Seller writes:
"Rust free 74 Duster restored just 1 year ago.318,904 transmission.Call for appointment,no low ballers or tire kickers please,I dont have sell it, just want something different NO TRADES.Asking 18 grand FIRM come on if you know your cars,this is a good deal,49 thousand miles on this car"

Remember the ad where the seller welcomes Low ballers and tire kickers ???
Me neither.

Yes, it's funny how the seller thinks it's ok to kick the tires on selling it but doesn't want buyers kicking the tires when making an offer. Sounds like a one way street.

I thought a premium asking price typically demands quality pictures but perhaps someone might come along with a wad of $18k and buy the car without asking any questions or negotiating. And he states he doesn't need to sell it so, in thinking with the end in mind, it's not going to sell.

Last edited:
Yes, it's funny how the seller thinks it's ok to kick the tires on selling it but doesn't want buyers kicking the tires when making an offer. Sounds like a one way street.

I thought a premium asking price typically demands quality pictures but perhaps someone might come along with a wad of $18k and buy the car without asking any questions or negotiating.

Yea, and how dumb are we going to feel then?:D

-
Back