74 Duster ignition switched

-

edwinator13

Reaction score
Does anyone know which one is the Ignition Switch wire and the starter wire inside the car? Trying to install an alarm and it requires connection to these wires.

2019-08-02 18.04.31.jpg

You need a diagram. Access the ignition switch connector down under the steering column. There are diagrams at MyMopar which may leave out some items/ option/ connectors, and there is a 73 shop manual over there which may be "close enough." Also if I can find it, I scanned a 74 electrical diagrams in poor quality.

Ignition switch, 74

8_160.jpg

NOTE this is not drawn correctly. The top terminal does not have two wires to the same circuit. The yellow start circuit is a different switch contact than the brown

Last edited:
Standby.....................EDIT these are difficult for me to deal with because it is a big folder with individual jpg files. Here is the column switch connector J2A12DBL is what you want. J2A is the circuit, 12 is the wire size, and Dark BLue is the wire color

For starter you want S2 12Y second from top

8_176.jpg

Also DID YOU BYPASS your seat belt interlock relay? This is the relay under the hood with the push button reset. There will be two fairly large yellow-ish wires in that connector. Wire them permanently together

Last edited:
Standby.....................EDIT these are difficult for me to deal with because it is a big folder with individual jpg files. Here is the column switch connector J2A12DBL is what you want. J2A is the circuit, 12 is the wire size, and Dark BLue is the wire color

For starter you want S2 12Y second from top

View attachment 1715372671

Also DID YOU BYPASS your seat belt interlock relay? This is the relay under the hood with the push button reset. There will be two fairly large yellow-ish wires in that connector. Wire them permanently together
This helps a lot. I really appreciate your help.

-
Back