74 power wagon dream truck...

-
PXL_20211112_191125005.jpg

Laying down on the carpet in the garage to take a look at the body mounts I wanted to sort out lubricate and get all correct and tight... Ended up staring at the perfectness of everything under there. Everything painted nice with all the grade 8 bolts grade 8 washers and grade 8 nylock bolts.. everything all clean and shiny... I must have laid underneath the staring up at it with a big smile for near a half hour..

Started getting into the brackets for the power steering and I'm pretty sure I got the right one found in my bracket stash..
I'm not sure about some of the other ones that I found but I think they're just different years of rear bracket for the power steering?..
PXL_20211112_221038124.jpg
PXL_20211112_221047535.jpg
PXL_20211112_221056329.jpg

PXL_20211112_221109532.jpg

Also got all my parts for my adjustable hillbilly drag link.
80 bucks sure beats 288 bucks.
I put one of these on my son's power wagon as well...
PXL_20211112_221146695.jpg

The dog Days of restoration are here...
Cleaning and painting small parts and brackets...:mob:....

The dog Days of restoration are here...
Cleaning and painting small parts and brackets...:mob:....
That's the easy part. It's the small parts that make the big parts look good.

Was tempted on a lot of parts to just clean them and run them and then I always know that that's the part that I won't be able to stop staring at because it wasn't painted...

Also it's easy to clean one or two parts and paint them but multiple multiple parts for all over the place...
PXL_20211114_225609391.jpg
PXL_20211114_225622145.jpg

In the first picture I'm sure you see the headers but do you see the three piece draglink?. That needed one hell of a lot of massaging to make work properly besides the paint... Also to the left of the headers you may notice the shift linkage both upper and lower and the z bar...
And the second picture besides the power brake booster is the transmission to motor braces the alternator brackets and the power steering brackets and their bolts... Of course the headers got finished wire Wheeling wipe down primered and painted..

Next time, if there is a next time, you should number all the parts so we know how many pieces are in the puzzle.
You are doing a very fine job.

Next time, if there is a next time, you should number all the parts so we know how many pieces are in the puzzle.
You are doing a very fine job.
I also cleaned the 24 bolts that I need to paint for the four door hinges for the two doors LOL...
These are the doors that I stripped everything out of and when I say stripped everything out of I mean took all the seals off, took the door handles off took the armrest off, took the door panels off, took the lock mechanism out took the locks out took the window regulators out, took the windows out. took the win windows out.. times two.. took them to have them sandblasted then brought them back and painted them with a two-part epoxy where they were sandblasted on the bottom and around the windows oh yeah and took the mirrors off... Also swamped them with rust inhibitor primer on the inside... Then took them to be painted then brought them back home. Now I just need to fill them with sound deadening, and do all of that in reverse and hang them... Times two LOL.. that's an easy part just the doors...
I'm overwhelmed I want to go to bed...

View attachment 1715819330
Laying down on the carpet in the garage to take a look at the body mounts I wanted to sort out lubricate and get all correct and tight... Ended up staring at the perfectness of everything under there. Everything painted nice with all the grade 8 bolts grade 8 washers and grade 8 nylock bolts.. everything all clean and shiny... I must have laid underneath the staring up at it with a big smile for near a half hour..
I did the same exact thing on my truck. Lay under it and stare at all the new shiny stuff.
It’s not pretty anymore after I’ve been driving it. LOL. All road grimed and dirty. That’s the way it goes.

And as always two steps forward one step back. I go to put in the transmission dipstick and I noticed it's going to go right where the headers go LOL.. I had to pull out the torch and bend the transmission dipstick tube...
Then I go to put the kick down throttle cable bracket on and it's bumping against the bosses for the Magnum style holes in the intake manifold as this is the crossover intake manifold... That amongst other little things... Two or three brackets went on well but that wasn't the entire story LOL...

If someone sees my motivation laying around somewhere..
I WANT IT BACK!...:mob:...
PXL_20211116_211729774.jpg

Just getting crap out so I can start cleaning it up and putting it on...

It must be another pandemic! I have no ambition to work on mine right now either!
Cley
I'm taking a break tomorrow. One of my friends at I met while go-karting said him in a couple guys are heading out to the track tomorrow since it's going to be nice. I'm going to go to storage and grab my go-kart and head out with them. I've only been once since I cracked my ribs back in March...

It's snowing like mad here right now. I need to get the sleds ready, I need to fix some stuff on my daily driver, I just don't want to do any of it!

Cley

Came over to check it out. According to Fishman67, some sort of a hot rod build going on in here ?? Well, it looks really nice and looks like you are doing a splendid job on the truck, but I don't see anything scary as far as lining them up and say'n "Go"... FAKE NEWS LOL

Wanted to order carpet but being so close to black Friday... I think I'm gonna wait..
Ef it ... I ordered the carpet...

Last edited:
@mopardude318 @89on35s I'm looking for a dipstick length for a small block non AC?. I did remember to grab the dipstick but forgot the tube.. I bought a generic tube and would like try and make it the correct length.. Any help would be great...
I'm trying to avoid putting oil in and remarking the dipstick...

@mopardude318 @89on35s I'm looking for a dipstick length for a small block non AC?. I did remember to grab the dipstick but forgot the tube.. I bought a generic tube and would like try and make it the correct length.. Any help would be great...
I'm trying to avoid putting oil in and remarking the dipstick...
I’ll measure mine and get back to you today after I get home

-
Back